Correlation between AAMC practice tests and Real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the nade

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there one????

Members don't see this ad.

not at all. in fact, dont even take any practice tests.
search the past couple days and ull find about 10 different threads about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scottie123..are u really serious about advising someone not to take pratice test? Is there really no correlation? or r u just tryin to be sarcastic...

I'll answer on his behalf. It was sarcasm (a la his reference to the many threads already on this topic so the person could do a search and find them). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Scottie123.

CHEMISTRY QUESTION:
If the pH is increased by one pH point, the proton concentration is :
A. decreased by a factor of two
B. decreased by a factor of ten
C. increased by a factor of two
D. increased by a factor of ten...

What is the answer and can you explain the concept behind this.?

Thanks.

Why ever are you posting that chem question in this thread? Nevertheless, I'll take a stab at it. I would say B. Increasing the pH makes it more basic, so you'd have less protons. Since there's that log 10 thing going on with pH, I would say that the proton concentration decreases by a factor of ten. But hey, don't listen to me. I took the MCAT on June 15th and haven't looked at chem since then. Good luck!

CHEMISTRY QUESTION:
If the pH is increased by one pH point, the proton concentration is :
A. decreased by a factor of two
B. decreased by a factor of ten
C. increased by a factor of two
D. increased by a factor of ten...

What is the answer and can you explain the concept behind this.?

Thanks.

The answer is B. They want to test your math skill and also your knowledge of pH. As the pH increases, the H+ concentration decreases and OH concentration increase. A pH of one has a [H+] of 0.1. A pH of 2 has a [H+] of 0.01. As you can see, the [H+] is decreased by 10 when the pH went up one point.

yea im not sure if u were really looking for the answer but its definitely B.
when you increase the ph by one, u decrease the proton concentration by a factor of ten. its like going from 10^-6 to 10^-7.. hope that helps.

1: i was being sarcastic. literally everyday there are about 20 new posts on this subject. it would only take half a second to find all the information the OP would need

2: :hijacked: what a random place to put that question

1: i was being sarcastic. literally everyday there are about 20 new posts on this subject. it would only take half a second to find all the information the OP would need

2: :hijacked: what a random place to put that question

Re: your second point, a more random place would be in the Allo forum, which is the first place he posted it (and it's still there with a bunch of answers)!

of course, you must then surrender your skin upon exiting the testing center to prevent disclosure of sensitive materials.
no, they just write on top of what u already wrote. DUH! of course u might walk out of the test center looking like the ninja BrokenGlass was talking about.

scottie123...you think and talk like the guy in your profile picture : A KRACK HEAD!!!!!