Correlation between number of incorrect answers and score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. HWS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I know that there is no clear correlation between the number of wrong answers and the score you get in USMLE step 1.

But I am waiting for my score and it's too hard to even predict in what range my score will be, so for those who got their scores, can you please write how many questions you were sure they were wrong and what score you got?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys,

I know that there is no clear correlation between the number of wrong answers and the score you get in USMLE step 1.

But I am waiting for my score and it's too hard to even predict in what range my score will be, so for those who got their scores, can you please write how many questions you were sure they were wrong and what score you got?

Thank you!
Hi there! What you are asking is difficult to answer.
1. Even if people tell you how many questions they got wrong they may have a bunch of other questions that they got wrong which they dont remember or even remember and think they got them right..
2. As you said the correlation is not clear. You may lose one question thats easy and your score will drop 5 points or you may lose 5 different difficult questions in order for your score to drop 5 points
What I am trying to say is that its pointless to start looking for a correlation between scores and number of wrong/right questions to relieve your anxiety (you will probably have the opposite effect)
3.You have finished step 1, one of the toughest examinations in the WORLD. Just celebrate :) what you just made is huge.

Reactions: 1 user