Correlation with June/Oct Pcat scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brandonc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to these forums. I got an 80 on my PCAT exam and am rethinking taking it again. I was mainly wondering if there are any blogs/stats/facts about taking the exam in June/Oct?

Since the PCAT exam is graded depending on how well other students do/don't do on their exams. For example, Pros for taking it in June: Right out of classes, your mind is still in school mode, and you may have just finished bio/chem/writing/math classes just weeks before! Cons: You havn't had much time to study because you have been busy studying for finals weeks/finish up projects etc.

Or taking it in the Fall, more time to study? people who have taken it in June who are retaking it in the Fall might increase the curve for the test? Does the average student usually do better in Oct?

I know this is a weird way of looking at the PCAT but I just had this brain excercise while driving, and was wondering if there are any correlations with exam scores?:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

One more question. Would it be detrimental if I took the PCAT once more and scored worse? I scored a 90 in Bio but my math was 65... I was mentally pooped out after 3 hours of testing and math was the last subject...

You aren't graded against same day test takers so in that regard, it doesn't matter if you take it in June or October. You are all compared to students who took the exam a few years back so there shouldn't be any difference in the scores no matter which day you take it.

and also, if you take it in october, you're going to be half way through the semester, and you might actually be too busy to study once your classes start. so you're either going to have to try to study for the pcat and forget meeting new people and having a lot of time to hang out with friends, or have a schedule worked out so you can still manage to study while getting everything else done.