Cosigner for private loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sierradent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Salliemae and Wells&Fargo
ask the right questions to get the right answers
good luck

in order for the bank to issue a loan a cosigner is required and also their credit history. if your relative has a good credit history and fulfills banks requirements then you can get the loan.
or
you can contact the school you got into and ask them for which banks they recommend. reason for this is interest rate.
hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
it all depends on the bank criteria. one thing i can suggest is that you look into every bank talk to them regarding the loan what the criteria is for approval and for the co-signer and i am sure you will hit the jack pot. you must understand the terms so its best to talk to them on phone or directly to the manager and find out all the answers.

That's right it depends on the bank. Some banks have annual income criteria of 19,000-21,000.
Its the FICO score that is most important. Upwards of 700 is a safe bet that you will not be turned down.

Hi friends,

I am on h4 visa.My husband is working in united states for about 8yrs.we have EAD. so is there any loans available without cosigner?.Its very hard to find a cosigner .can anybody throw light on educational loans from india.Any advice is appreciated.

Can anyone please advise me on my current situation?

Thank You in advance![/quote]

Hi friends,

I am on h4 visa.My husband is working in united states for about 8yrs.we have EAD. so is there any loans available without cosigner?.Its very hard to find a cosigner .can anybody throw light on educational loans from india.Any advice is appreciated.

Can anyone please advise me on my current situation?

Thank You in advance!
[/quote]

hi...
M on H4 visa.....had doubts in mind on continuing studying on H4.....
Can anyone throw light on pros & cons of studying on H4?
Thanx :)

i think bank need a valid visa to process your application

it depends on how fast the bank processess your loan. it generally takes anywhere between 3 weeks to 3 months. if all the documents are in place then you should not worry. generally when you apply for the loan banks want to know which school you are attending and they contact the school and then only they process your request and send the money directly to the school that is if you are applying for a student loan. in your case that is what i am guessing. so if this is the case then i would suggest you contact the schools financial department and tell them the issue so that the process can be procede a little faster.