Cosigner release

Started by paciencia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paciencia

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
When I started medical school, I had a student visa and I had to get a co- signer to qualify for my private student loans. I am currently a permanent resident and my cosigner needs to apply for loans for his own son. The loan company that I have my loans with stopped releasing cosigners a couple years ago and several other banks have stopped consolidating or want me to get my citizenship before they even consider it. I have to find a way to get my cosigner off my loans by next may. I qualify for citizenship by August next year. HELP!