Cosmetic, dermal fillers in scar, question

Started by Leon 007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Leon 007

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi i need some advice
I got a dermal filler injected into a slight scar on my face.
3 months on and i dont like the feel or look of it.
I was wondering if i could release the filler liquid in the skin myself by putting a needle in it and allowing the liquid to escape. So it goes back to how it was.

can anyone help should i do it will it work?????

Please help??????????
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Call the doctor who gave you the treatment.

Ask for an appointment.

Ask him/her what you should do if you aren't happy with the treatment.

This isn't a good place to get medical advice since I could give you some but you won't know whether I'm being a helpful MD or a spiteful Internet ******.
 
Under no circumstances should you take this into your own hands by attempting to fix the problem. "Putting a needle into it" can lead to more complications than you can imagine. First of all the needle woudln't be sterile and I doubt you are aware of the underlying anatomy. This could lead to bleeding, infection, and a myriad of other problems. Go back to the original physician and see what your options are. I see too many complications from patient trying to "doctor" themselves.
 
This is a forum for students, young doctors, etc, to inquire and share information about their careers.
This is NOT a forum to request medical advice. You were lucky in having received the best advice - go back to the Dr that did this.

However, I must politely ask you to follow the rules and purpose of this forum.

Leon 007 said:
Hi i need some advice
I got a dermal filler injected into a slight scar on my face.
3 months on and i dont like the feel or look of it.
I was wondering if i could release the filler liquid in the skin myself by putting a needle in it and allowing the liquid to escape. So it goes back to how it was.

can anyone help should i do it will it work?????

Please help??????????
 
Jocomama said:
This is a forum for students, young doctors, etc, to inquire and share information about their careers.
This is NOT a forum to request medical advice. You were lucky in having received the best advice - go back to the Dr that did this.

However, I must politely ask you to follow the rules and purpose of this forum.

:laugh: Who made you king?

Where did all these wanna-be moderators come from?
 
Leon 007 said:
Hi i need some advice
I got a dermal filler injected into a slight scar on my face.
3 months on and i dont like the feel or look of it.
I was wondering if i could release the filler liquid in the skin myself by putting a needle in it and allowing the liquid to escape. So it goes back to how it was.

can anyone help should i do it will it work?????

Please help??????????

Putting a needle in your own face is the worst thing that you could possible do. You would be better off making out with a belt sander.
 
Debridement said:
Putting a needle in your own face is the worst thing that you could possible do. You would be better off making out with a belt sander.

:laugh:

Although that would certainly smooth out whatever issues you're having with your face!