Cosmetic, dermal fillers in scar, question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leon 007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i need some advice
I got a dermal filler injected into a slight scar on my face.
3 months on and i dont like the feel or look of it.
I was wondering if i could release the filler liquid in the skin myself by putting a needle in it and allowing the liquid to escape. So it goes back to how it was.

can anyone help should i do it will it work?????

Please help??????????

Members don't see this ad.

?????????????????????????

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the doctor who gave you the treatment.

Ask for an appointment.

Ask him/her what you should do if you aren't happy with the treatment.

This isn't a good place to get medical advice since I could give you some but you won't know whether I'm being a helpful MD or a spiteful Internet ******.

Under no circumstances should you take this into your own hands by attempting to fix the problem. "Putting a needle into it" can lead to more complications than you can imagine. First of all the needle woudln't be sterile and I doubt you are aware of the underlying anatomy. This could lead to bleeding, infection, and a myriad of other problems. Go back to the original physician and see what your options are. I see too many complications from patient trying to "doctor" themselves.

This is a forum for students, young doctors, etc, to inquire and share information about their careers.
This is NOT a forum to request medical advice. You were lucky in having received the best advice - go back to the Dr that did this.

However, I must politely ask you to follow the rules and purpose of this forum.

Leon 007 said:
Hi i need some advice
I was wondering if i could release the filler liquid in the skin myself by putting a needle in it and allowing the liquid to escape. So it goes back to how it was.

Please help??????????

Jocomama said:
This is a forum for students, young doctors, etc, to inquire and share information about their careers.
This is NOT a forum to request medical advice. You were lucky in having received the best advice - go back to the Dr that did this.

However, I must politely ask you to follow the rules and purpose of this forum.

:laugh: Who made you king?

Where did all these wanna-be moderators come from?

Leon 007 said:
Hi i need some advice

Please help??????????

Putting a needle in your own face is the worst thing that you could possible do. You would be better off making out with a belt sander.

Debridement said:
Putting a needle in your own face is the worst thing that you could possible do. You would be better off making out with a belt sander.

:laugh:

Although that would certainly smooth out whatever issues you're having with your face!