Costa Rica now the Carib

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwarrior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a cool trip down to Costa Rica to check out the medical doc program run by Vanguard University Medical School in conjunction with a medical school there.
The other option on my list is College of Medicine and Health Sciences on the Island of St Lucia, the thing is before I burn cash to go there I would like to get a little feed back on the campus, training, etc..

Please, please, if you are going to respond to this query, don't fill the tank with the usual mumbo-jumbo. I want to hear about the campus, facilities, hospitals, staff, number of students. In other words I want to hear tangible facts, not internet gossip or what you think about my chances of getting a license is..........frankly, that is issue number #2 on my list and I do everything in my own order.
I don't want to hear about buffy jones that tried to pass the usmle and didn't, or what roger told pete that janie said.
Has anyone visited College of Medicine St Lucia? Is it worth the trip? What is the campus like? Who is in charge? :D

Members don't see this ad.

iwarrior said:
... not internet gossip or what you think about my chances of getting a license is..........frankly, that is issue number #2 on my list and I do everything in my own order.

If getting your license is priority #2, then I think you need to readjust your priorities. Or, do you have money to burn and are just looking to potentially waste four (or more) years of your life?

:confused:

iwarrior said:
Has anyone visited College of Medicine St Lucia? Is it worth the trip? What is the campus like? Who is in charge? :D

These are some pretty major questions you're asking from a bunch of what-you-admit-you-already-perceive-as gossiping, unreliable sources. Sounds like you need to do a little more homework on your own before you come here expecting serious answers to major questions that you haven't yet sufficiently researched yourself.

-Skip

Ho-hum. Spare me the "theatrics."

:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
iwarrior said:
Ho-hum. Spare me the "theatrics."

:scared:

Okay, Mr. "2 Posts". While I'm dumbing-down my "theatrics", let's just make sure it's clear that you are, at the very least, grossly uniniformed. In addition, it's also clear that you're either unintelligent or only 12-years-old. Perhaps it's both (?).

-Skip

skypilot said:
You're getting trolled Skip

Duh. Do you think I just started posting on this forum? It's perfectly obvious that this is someone else's sockpuppet. There's nothing more fun than poking a troll (and a bad one at that) in its squishy parts. So, maybe a better question is "who's trolling who?"

-Skip

With so many foreign schools to choose from, why would you pick these relatively obscure med schools? I'm a caribbean grad (saba) and I've never heard of either of these schools. If you are more interested in life experiences than being at a well-known established medical school, then there are several well-established foreign schools that happen to be located in nice, fun places to live (Australia, Ireland, St.Maarten, Cayman Islands to name a few).