COT: July 7th class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingcer0x

Re-Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any Air Force HPSP or USUHS going to COT starting July 7th? I received confirmation last week. Just curious what everybody was doing about equipment, boots, and possibly uniforms... i've heard we can get some of that stuff beforehand.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I was going to be going in june, but it'll be july instead. I too just got the confirmation and packet in the email and am planning on getting my uniforms some time in the next month with my recruiter.

really, he's going with you? i'd like to get the uniform beforehand too but i have some reading to do to figure out what we need. I'll definitely be buying boots and breaking them in

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, why don't you just ask him/shim all that you need, or does he not seem to be very helpful?

All you need to do is take your Oath of Office to the Military Customer Service office at the nearest AFB. They will issue you a military ID. Then you can proceed to Military Clothing and purchase your uniforms. If you go to the OTS website (search officer training school), you will find a list of required uniform pieces. Take the list with you to Military Clothing. The clerks at these stores are always friendly and will point you in the right direction once you have the list in hand.

I'm going to COT this July and was wondering if they are going to cut my hair, and if so, how short. I gave up 14" for Locks-of-Love last year and finally got to shoulder length (in a decent style) - if I'm going to be subjected to a haircut I would like to prepare myself (this is what I do - worry about needless things before a big event in my life). Really, does anyone know?

You don't have to cut your hair, you just have to wear it above your collar while you are in uniform. Usually ladies just do a bun or a twist, so it looks fine. You will spend most of your time with your hat off, so maybe go on and pick out a style that suits you. You can't have clips or bows in your hair, and anything that is in there must be the same color as your hair (barettes or whatever). Hope that helps.

Now I have one less thing to worry about this summer. I appreciate your reply :)