Could I become a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlbinoNFkorida

Reaction score
My name is Courtney,and I’m albino I was born legally blind my vision is 20/200 and can’t be corrected, while I can see very clear I have to look close at everything. But I’d love to be a pharmacist but I’ve been putting it off because of vision and I just really like some advice

Members don't see this ad.

Being a pharmacist involves looking at computer monitors and poorly written prescriptions for 90% of the work. It may not be impossible but it may also be quite challenging if you have to take time and look everything up close.

Being a pharmacist involves looking at computer monitors and poorly written prescriptions for 90% of the work. It may not be impossible but it may also be quite challenging if you have to take time and look everything up close.
So prescriptions are still written on paper ? My PCP sends my meds in thorough her laptop

Members don't see this ad :)
So prescriptions are still written on paper ? My PCP sends my meds in thorough her laptop
Yes, there are some old school doctors still love to write everything down instead using electronic/computer. Are you a pharmacist now or plan to become a pharmacist? If you are plan to become a pharmacist, not sure if the school requires you to provide your medical condition and how that would affect you getting into the pharmacy program

Yes, there are some old school doctors still love to write everything down instead using electronic/computer. Are you a pharmacist now or plan to become a pharmacist? If you are plan to become a pharmacist, not sure if the school requires you to provide your medical condition and how that would affect you getting into the pharmacy program
I plan to become one it’s just always been a passion of mine I just feel like my vision will stop it

Boards of pharmacy typically have a rule that makes you ineligible for a license if you have any medical conditions that prevent you from practicing in a safe manner. I would recommend reaching out to your state board of pharmacy and asking them if your condition would prevent you from getting licensed. Although even if you are able to get licensed, your employment options may be limited, depending on whether your visual impairment can be reasonably accomodated.

Reactions: 1 user