1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Could i still go university

Discussion in 'Mental Health and Social Welfare' started by preciouslittlecrystal, May 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. preciouslittlecrystal

So just lately i decided id like 2 work in the medical field. But i have anxiety and idk if i could cope with university. Bt i wanna do it but would i be allowed? As my anxiety gets pretty intense i end up getting sick from it if its bad enough. So i dont know if i would be allowed? Does anyone actually know the answer 2 this thanks :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WisNeuro

WisNeuro Board Certified Neuropsychologist
    Psychologist 7+ Year Member

Psychologist
    It's definitely allowed. If you get in, they will gladly take your money. I'd recommend getting in touch with a mental health professional to treat that anxiety first, before starting any degree programs, though.

4. Robbin

Robbin Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    You need to do some research on it and get more information before start anything.

5. Z-123

Pre-Medical
    Get checked before attending. The earlier, the better, as they may recommend starting medications (which may take a few tries to be successful), or some follow-up appointments. I got lucky and my current medication was the first one I tried, but I had a friend that had to try two before they stumbled across the right one.

Best decision I ever made was being checked right before college for my anxiety/depression. I wouldn't change a thing and I recommend it to anyone who is debating it.