Could somebody explain how to convert canadian grades to AADSAS grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pf1996

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread that said CANADIAN grades are now being put in as percentages rather than the standardized GPA. Can anybody provide any insight?

Here's the original thread, and its scaring the crap outta me!
New AADSAS conversion scale for Canadians?

Members don't see this ad.

I saw a thread that said CANADIAN grades are now being put in as percentages rather than the standardized GPA. Can anybody provide any insight?

Here's the original thread, and its scaring the crap outta me!
New AADSAS conversion scale for Canadians?
I'm a Canadian. My university gave out letter grades. A\A+ = 4.0 B+=3.3 B=3.0 etc. From my understanding it seems if your university gives you percentages you're at a big disadvantage since an 80 is now just a 3.0. Although most of the university's that I know of (around Toronto) report it on a letter scale.

I'm a Canadian. My university gave out letter grades. A\A+ = 4.0 B+=3.3 B=3.0 etc. From my understanding it seems if your university gives you percentages you're at a big disadvantage since an 80 is now just a 3.0. Although most of the university's that I know of (around Toronto) report it on a letter scale.

I go to waterloo. Know anything about that?

EDIT: According to OMSAS and my registrars office, Waterloo uses both Letters and Percentages. There is a legend on the back that shows the corresponding percentage to letters. Thank god....A 90 is a 4.33, an 80 is a 3.667 and an 85 is a 4.0. But also looking at OMSAS, Western only uses percentages. THAT sucks, because I have a lot of friends going there :(

Last edited: