DIY Post-bacc : Apply early on June 3rd or wait until grades are in?

Started by Modelo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Modelo

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I KNOW this is a common topic of discussion, I was looking through the forum but the other posts I saw didn't have this circumstance.

I had a pretty bad ugrad gpa and took a few quarters for a diy post bacc after graduating.

Current cGPA: 3.17 , sGPA: 3.05

After spring quarter ends on 6/15 (currently straight As): cGPA: 3.23 , sGPA: 3.14

DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 22PAT

(gpa is on the very low side but significant upward trend, last ~60 units gpa ~3.9)

QUESTION: I'll have everything ready to submit the day the application opens. Only issue is spring quarter grades won't be in the book until at least 6/15. Given my circumstance of the low GPA I really want to apply as early as possible. Is it better to wait until I can attach those official grades?

Other important question: If I want to submit the day they open, is there anywhere on the application where I could include a note on my current spring quarter grades and that they are pending until the school finalizes them?

Thank you!!!
 
I KNOW this is a common topic of discussion, I was looking through the forum but the other posts I saw didn't have this circumstance.

I had a pretty bad ugrad gpa and took a few quarters for a diy post bacc after graduating.

Current cGPA: 3.17 , sGPA: 3.05

After spring quarter ends on 6/15 (currently straight As): cGPA: 3.23 , sGPA: 3.14

DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 22PAT

(gpa is on the very low side but significant upward trend, last ~60 units gpa ~3.9)

QUESTION: I'll have everything ready to submit the day the application opens. Only issue is spring quarter grades won't be in the book until at least 6/15. Given my circumstance of the low GPA I really want to apply as early as possible. Is it better to wait until I can attach those official grades?

Other important question: If I want to submit the day they open, is there anywhere on the application where I could include a note on my current spring quarter grades and that they are pending until the school finalizes them?

Thank you!!!
You are not the only person to have this challenge. Transcript entry allows you to mark classes in progress or pending. But your registrar may not release your transcript until after the grades come in. You should talk with your registrar and wait to submit.

 
waiting 2 weeks will not affect your chances as much as they will be helped by improving your gpa...

I KNOW this is a common topic of discussion, I was looking through the forum but the other posts I saw didn't have this circumstance.

I had a pretty bad ugrad gpa and took a few quarters for a diy post bacc after graduating.

Current cGPA: 3.17 , sGPA: 3.05

After spring quarter ends on 6/15 (currently straight As): cGPA: 3.23 , sGPA: 3.14

DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 22PAT

(gpa is on the very low side but significant upward trend, last ~60 units gpa ~3.9)

QUESTION: I'll have everything ready to submit the day the application opens. Only issue is spring quarter grades won't be in the book until at least 6/15. Given my circumstance of the low GPA I really want to apply as early as possible. Is it better to wait until I can attach those official grades?

Other important question: If I want to submit the day they open, is there anywhere on the application where I could include a note on my current spring quarter grades and that they are pending until the school finalizes them?

Thank you!!!