Could someone help me out with this timeline?

Started by Led Zep
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Led Zep

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to a couple of SMPs in the spring (Drexel IMS, PCOM Biomed). Is March a decent time to apply to these programs if I am looking to be in the class starting Fall of 2011 in one of these programs. Sooner? Later?

Thanks guys!
 
Competitive SMPs (Temple, Gtown, Tufts, Cincinnati, EVMS etc): apply as soon as the app opens. Like now.

Less competitive SMPs (Drexel, DO schools): March is reasonable, but if you can apply earlier, you should.

Best of luck to you.
 
You can/should apply earlier for PCOM MBS, I believe they start reviewing applications as early as December but will only take in "competitive" applications and delegating the majority to "on hold" status.

Again, if you're aiming for MD I would stick with allopathic SMPs as they will aid your application for both DO and MD schools. If you're hellbent on DO then I would advise to either a) apply to the SMP of the school you wish to attend or b) apply to the most established/reputable DO programs if you are looking for a positive reception at other osteopathic schools.