Post Bacc Application Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bojof1

Reaction score
Hello. I am currently a rising university senior planning on doing a post bacc once I am finished. I have taken most of my prereqs but would like to retake some of them during my post bacc. It would most likely end up being maybe 4 of them. Most of the programs I have looked at do not allow rising seniors to apply. I would need to get my bachelors before I do. What type of timeline is most normal for people in my situation? Should I just wait a semester before applying (pressure from parents would be insane), or could I apply to the same schools as a non-degree seeking transfer? Could I apply during the summer? I am really not entirely sure which way to go or who to reach out to for assistance. Thank you for any info that you can share.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless otherwise stated, doing a post-baccalaureate program requires you to have earned your baccalaureate (bachelor's degree). Academic advisors should be able to tell you about the timeline.

(You don't need to post your question in multiple places.)

Why do you need a postbac? Why can't you retake your prerequisites as an undergraduate while you can still have access to register for the courses? Why didn't you retake the courses in the summer?

Hi,
Sorry about posting the same thing in different places. I would be taking a post bacc program to allow me to finish my degree in 4 years but still be able to do my prereqs and mcat things even if it would be after. I wouldn't be able to squeeze them in. I think the 4-year pressure comes from my parents and community. I also would like to go to a school that has a better name than the one I am a student at to help with my application. I took a few courses over the summer but because of covid, bad advising and other things, I would still have a few prereqs to take once I graduate. I do also have the option to just go straight into a DIY post bacc at my university as well but I would like to apply to some others and see where I can get into.

Members don't see this ad :)