Could this be possible-$15,000/week for nurses in NYC ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y2k_free_radical

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine says her daughter received such an offer with a guarantee of at least 3 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, 13,000$ per week which includes overtime in a convention center there turned hospital in Chicago.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA your chances of getting that are near zero, but yah they will tell all suckers anything they want to hear to get them into that death trap.

Reminds me of when the military was telling private docs they could get 300K a month working in Baghdad only to walk it all back once they were done with their service period.

I love civilians, so trusting, like 7 year old girls imaging a world where they can ride unicorns on rainbows.

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA your chances of getting that are near zero, but yah they will tell all suckers anything they want to hear to get them into that death trap.

Reminds me of when the military was telling private docs they could get 300K a month working in Baghdad only to walk it all back once they were done with their service period.

I love civilians, so trusting, like 7 year old girls imaging a world where they can ride unicorns on rainbows.

LA you need a ride? Lmao

6E49C104-49CC-445C-8EC0-ABE9F77FBF72.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

But if they signed a contract for $15K / week, surely that's legally binding, even if it brings NY state into massive debt/bankruptcy...?

There's a chance that we might be re-deployed into clinical medicine within the public hospitals if too many doctors get sick or are forced into isolation.

I've received emails from a locum (tenens) agency, asking to work in ED for $100 / Hr, but I declined the offer as I'm currently working full-time in AP.

Last edited:
But if they signed a contract for $15K / week, surely that's legally binding, even if it brings NY state into massive debt/bankruptcy...?

There's a chance that we might be re-deployed into clinical medicine within the public hospitals if too many doctors get sick or are forced into isolation.

I've received emails from a locum (tenens) agency, asking to work in ED for $100 / Hr, but I declined the offer as I'm currently working full-time in AP.
Nurses at $350/HR AND ED AT $100/HR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, hahaha...folks yes the $100/hr for physicians in the ED is likely very legit...the 15K a week for nursing less so.

I love you guys, I get a good laugh reading this stuff sometimes.

Regardless of the specifics, I suspect there will be some very lucrative options available for healthcare professionals who can demonstrate they have recovered from the virus... Shouldn't be too long before that's realistic.

Regardless of the specifics, I suspect there will be some very lucrative options available for healthcare professionals who can demonstrate they have recovered from the virus... Shouldn't be too long before that's realistic.

you would think but there wont be. There is very little one could lucratively pull from this crisis ASIDE from shorting the stock market, housing and corporate/muni bonds. Trust me, Ive hit every angle, every avenue, every element I could possibly think of and I got fairly creative with alot of this. I pitched ideas to 20 VC folks, Indian Tribes, military, 2 governors etc.

Everyone wants you to work for free, they want stuff "at cost" or even well below cost and they want guarantees the quality will be of the highest level. Which is why tests arent getting done, PPE is getting "lost", things arent moving.

In essence, Western democracy in a moment of crisis took on all the worst aspects of the old Soviet Union and will now pay a bitter toll on the world health and economy.

you would think but there wont be. There is very little one could lucratively pull from this crisis ASIDE from shorting the stock market, housing and corporate/muni bonds. Trust me, Ive hit every angle, every avenue, every element I could possibly think of and I got fairly creative with alot of this. I pitched ideas to 20 VC folks, Indian Tribes, military, 2 governors etc.

Everyone wants you to work for free, they want stuff "at cost" or even well below cost and they want guarantees the quality will be of the highest level. Which is why tests arent getting done, PPE is getting "lost", things arent moving.

In essence, Western democracy in a moment of crisis took on all the worst aspects of the old Soviet Union and will now pay a bitter toll on the world health and economy.

You certainly work very hard to assure your nut. Many don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
You certainly work very hard to assure your nut. Many don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course, I grew up poor and joined the USMC at 17 to have a bed to sleep in as a teenager. I work very hard in ways most wont. I could have tested 70000 people a week but my 10.5m price tag was far too high for these fools...although I suspect the 1 trillion that will drain out of the housing market alone would have more than made up for it.

Go trade some penny stocks. I’ve seen some trades where the best (24 year olds) are making 600k per trade in a matter of hours.

Last edited:
Nurses at $350/HR AND ED AT $100/HR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol it was $AU 100/Hr, which is ~$US 60/Hr with the current exchange rate.

The absolute highest non-consultant/attending ED vacancy in the locum (tenens) agency's group email is $AU 200/Hr (~$US 120/Hr),
but I don't qualify coz I don't have 5+ years of critical care experience...

I only got a personal phone-call and email from the agency for the junior ED resident position, which I rejected.

A movie ticket for an adult here costs ~$AU 20. (Cinemas are closed atm btw)

I wonder how much nurse practitioners or physician assistants would get offered if RNs are apparently being offered $US 350/Hr... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it was legit, it'd be an awesome way for medical graduates to pay off their med school / college debt, especially for those who are already matched into Emergency Medicine.

Sounds too good to be true though...

Last edited:
Of course, I grew up poor and joined the USMC at 17 to have a bed to sleep in as a teenager. I work very hard in ways most wont. I could have tested 70000 people a week but my 10.5m price tag was far too high for these fools...although I suspect the 1 trillion that will drain out of the housing market alone would have more than made up for it.

Can I ask if you were negotiating with the public hospitals, or other corporate labs?

I personally wouldn't mind paying $US 150 upfront just for peace of mind.

I have a prediction that some workplaces might require formal COVID-19 testing for employment clearance.

There's stringent criteria here on testing, and I suspect that there's a lot of undetected community spread going on.

I have a prediction that some workplaces might require formal COVID-19 testing for employment clearance.

Are youand your employer going to pay for that $150 test and “peace of mind” every year, month, every week, every day, or every hour?

Are youand your employer going to pay for that $150 test and “peace of mind” every year, month, every week, every day, or every hour?

In my state, if I were to become symptomatic, or found to be in close contact with a known positive case of COVID-19, I'd get free testing coz it's funded by the state government IIRC.

It was a prediction re: one-off formal COVID-19 testing being required for clearance prior to starting a new job.
I wouldn't want to pay for formal testing if it was every week...

Can I ask if you were negotiating with the public hospitals, or other corporate labs?

There's stringent criteria here on testing, and I suspect that there's a lot of undetected community spread going on.

Was negotiating through an intermediary with the governor's staff of 2 large states..no takers at the time hahahaha.

Was negotiating through an intermediary with the governor's staff of 2 large states..no takers at the time hahahaha.

Wow, that's their loss, please don't tell me it was NY state that rejected you.

Maybe they decided to go for the el cheapo rapid COVID-19 serology tests from China... (low sensitivity / specificity)...?

Sadly NYC looks like it's becoming "Ground Zero" again...:(

Wow, that's their loss, please don't tell me it was NY state that rejected you.

Maybe they decided to go for the el cheapo rapid COVID-19 serology tests from China... (low sensitivity / specificity)...?

Sadly NYC looks like it's becoming "Ground Zero" again...:(

Opportunities are always a cross section of 2 things:
1.) the quality of your idea
2.) the timing
both need to line up and basically I was about 3 days too early on the pitch.

Any update on the $13,000 - 15,000 / week job offer?

I suspect it didn't eventuate...