Could work study count as extracurricular?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rckelly23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
During undergrad I worked as the news editor at my school paper, and I was an anatomy tutor as well. These were paid work study jobs on campus, although they barely paid anything ($1,600 total for the whole academic year). But I did them because I was more interested in building my resume rather than the money.

Should I list these as work experiences or extracurricular experience on my application?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You were paid, therefore work experience.
During undergrad I worked as the news editor at my school paper, and I was an anatomy tutor as well. These were paid work study jobs on campus, although they barely paid anything ($1,600 total for the whole academic year). But I did them because I was more interested in building my resume rather than the money.

Should I list these as work experiences or extracurricular experience on my application?

Thanks!

work experiences are those you were paid. Extracirricular are unpaid activities (shadowing, TA, clubs, volunteering, leadership)