1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Could work study count as extracurricular?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by rckelly23, Oct 30, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. rckelly23

rckelly23 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    During undergrad I worked as the news editor at my school paper, and I was an anatomy tutor as well. These were paid work study jobs on campus, although they barely paid anything ($1,600 total for the whole academic year). But I did them because I was more interested in building my resume rather than the money.

Should I list these as work experiences or extracurricular experience on my application?

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. UBC2014

UBC2014 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You were paid, therefore work experience.

4. PlaqueBuster

PlaqueBuster "Perfect" practice makes you perfect

Medical Student (Accepted)
    work experiences are those you were paid. Extracirricular are unpaid activities (shadowing, TA, clubs, volunteering, leadership)

About the ads