Count the numbre of indians r there in SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LET US COUNT THE NUMBER OF INDIAN IN SDN....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orthodoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

surprisingly not as many indians as i thought there would be :rolleyes:

hi
i dont think everybody votes . :)

Members don't see this ad :)
To clarify........are you referring to 'Indians' as in people who were born in India and now live in India and/or abroad.......or would you also include people of 'Indian' ethnicity who are not in India.... i.e., those whose grandparents, or greatgrandparents etc were born in India ( yet their descendants live in NorthAmerica, Europe, etc)?

I know it seems to be like splitting hairs but I just want to know, thanks
Cheers
:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

JattMed said:
To clarify........are you referring to 'Indians' as in people who were born in India and now live in India and/or abroad.......or would you also include people of 'Indian' ethnicity who are not in India.... i.e., those whose grandparents, or greatgrandparents etc were born in India ( yet their descendants live in NorthAmerica, Europe, etc)?

I know it seems to be like splitting hairs but I just want to know, thanks
Cheers
:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

I would think it includes both. People who are born in india and currently live in India or outside India and also those who were born outside India and consider themselves Indian :)

welcome jonty !! :thumbup:

The poll closed... but I'm in too...
I would have picked the second option... In New Orleans...
My sig says where in India I'm from...

:D how sad they closed the thread for the jattunit website in the IMG forums...i couldn't find too many bhangra songs on there anyway

g'luck in the 2005 match!

one more here in wichita,KS,USA

Leave me alone....... before I give you a few of these.........
Chair.sml.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
One more here, representin' in Canada ;)

representing the sf bay area.
P.S. I think there are a lot of indians on sdn but not all of them actually post in the india forum. i was unaware of this until recently.

tanda said:
one more here in wichita,KS,USA
hey tanda...whereabout do you go to med school?
i've got a brother there

COUNT ME IN.... :thumbup:

me2!
INDIAN IN THE US

a paki here!

oh hey i am a new indian on the forum, just got to know about it yesterday from aamc

priyanka said:
oh hey i am a new indian on the forum, just got to know about it yesterday from aamc

welcome ! :)

Hey guyz,
A Mumbaite, now in Texas.

Good stuff there! Hows my mumbai doing?!..
Damn I am so Mumbai sick and so pani puri sick. Fetch me some pani puris someone please. The indian shops here sell obnoxiously crappy pani puris. And and and...how can I get shopping out off my mind.......DAMN I AM HOMESICK.

P

someone gotta repr for the paki's--maybe this should be titled "desi" instead of indian--why u all gotta hate, we were one country over half a century ago :laugh:

DoctorMalki said:
surprisingly not as many indians as i thought there would be :rolleyes:
Smoking crack? This board has A LOT of indians on it!

priyanka,

when was the last time u went to mumbai? i get terribly nostalgic when i talk abt mumbai to my roommates out here...damn! fortunately for me, i got sum cool friends here, who are amazing cooks....they make sure i dont miss hogging on the 'khau galli' stuff..! aint i lucky?!!!

;) Wichitan

Wichitan said:
priyanka,

when was the last time u went to mumbai? i get terribly nostalgic when i talk abt mumbai to my roommates out here...damn! fortunately for me, i got sum cool friends here, who are amazing cooks....they make sure i dont miss hogging on the 'khau galli' stuff..! aint i lucky?!!!

;) Wichitan

OHHH the last time i was in bombay/mumbai was when i left india!!! :( that was 2.5 yrs agoo...how about urself? well you are lucky, the bad thing for me is , I have few desi friends, most of my friends r firangs. I dont know why...i think san diego has less # of desis? (obviously compared to texas and east coast) ... but its all cool...
lol oh god..from "khau galli" I remember being told that I'd always ask my babysitter for "khauu"..in marathi.."eh tayi mala khau de na ga!" at that young age khau was chocolate.. (she is a maharashtrian) -
hmm as far as indian food is concerned i eat that eeveryday! Mom hain na! But its not easy to make pani puris...(which you must have figured out is my all time favorite.) khauu gaali ..yummy hehe..oh you remember the pav bhaji by oval maidan? I loved that place coz of the food, VT(victoria terminus, and guys playing cricket on oval maidan in the hot scrotching sun..as far as food joints goo, there are more yummy places than one can ever mention....and the nite life that mumbai has, why not!!! chinese, thai and italian food have their own flavor in india...
well food apart... no guys are hotter than the mumbai guys!! actually now that I m in US, - "No guys are hotter than indian guys!"

priyanka said:
actually now that I m in US, - "No guys are hotter than indian guys!"

:laugh: I agree ! But I think its more because we have less selection of indian guys here so our choices are limited..... there are a lot of hot guys here too but I agree not as many as India ;)

priyanka said:
OHHH the last time i was in bombay/mumbai was when i left india!!! :( that was 2.5 yrs agoo...how about urself? well you are lucky, the bad thing for me is , I have few desi friends, most of my friends r firangs. I dont know why...i think san diego has less # of desis? (obviously compared to texas and east coast) ... but its all cool...
lol oh god..from "khau galli" I remember being told that I'd always ask my babysitter for "khauu"..in marathi.."eh tayi mala khau de na ga!" at that young age khau was chocolate.. (she is a maharashtrian) -
hmm as far as indian food is concerned i eat that eeveryday! Mom hain na! But its not easy to make pani puris...(which you must have figured out is my all time favorite.) khauu gaali ..yummy hehe..oh you remember the pav bhaji by oval maidan? I loved that place coz of the food, VT(victoria terminus, and guys playing cricket on oval maidan in the hot scrotching sun..as far as food joints goo, there are more yummy places than one can ever mention....and the nite life that mumbai has, why not!!! chinese, thai and italian food have their own flavor in india...
well food apart... no guys are hotter than the mumbai guys!! actually now that I m in US, - "No guys are hotter than indian guys!"

YOU CAN GET SOME PANI PURI IN ARTESIA, LA DESI MKT. I HATE WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN ...I USED TO GO TO THE STREET VENDORS IN DELHI AND EAT GOLGAPPAS(Y DO THEY CALL IT PANIPURI) EVERYDAY..YUMMYYYY. ALTHOUGH, NOW WHEN I WENT BACK TO DELHI THIS YEAR, I HAD TO MAKE MY OWN GOLGAPPAS AT HALDIRAMS.

DoctorMalki said:
:laugh: I agree ! But I think its more because we have less selection of indian guys here so our choices are limited..... there are a lot of hot guys here too but I agree not as many as India ;)

SAME GOES FOR DESI LARKIS. LOL THE ONES I SEE HERE ARE USUALLY ABCDS WITH 10 LBS OF MAKEUP AND FAKE SHYT EVERYWHERE. WHATEVER HAPP TO THE SIMPLE SEEDHI SAADHI LARKI???? :rolleyes:

ek larki ko dekha tau asa laga....hai lol

kinda late but count me it too guys! howz life in the US of A? been busy with MCAT prep lately (on my own actually) havent been missing india much these days but would I love to visit once !! been here some 5 years and still havent gotten a chance! hopefully next december! aite take care n keep it desi ya'll !

fyi: from TX

DrPreet said:
YOU CAN GET SOME PANI PURI IN ARTESIA, LA DESI MKT. I HATE WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN ...I USED TO GO TO THE STREET VENDORS IN DELHI AND EAT GOLGAPPAS(Y DO THEY CALL IT PANIPURI) EVERYDAY..YUMMYYYY. ALTHOUGH, NOW WHEN I WENT BACK TO DELHI THIS YEAR, I HAD TO MAKE MY OWN GOLGAPPAS AT HALDIRAMS.

ARTESIA , oh God,
believe me the taste isn't original as panipuri/golgappa actually tastes on mumbai/delhi street vendors... i am a regular artesia visitor esp my parents..the other day they bought a nice ganpati murti for the wall :) from artesia....
best sev puri n pani puri in artesia is ambala sweets but then again its not comparable to actual india thing...know wat i mean...and yea pani puri is a mumbai word and gol gappa is a delhi word...you know how...in bombay they call onions as "kanda" LOL..if we go to delhi and say kanda they'll say what's that...u'll actually have to say "pyaj" for onions... same way for pani puri..

oh i know a man who would nvr go to a big hotel in bombay to eat pani puri but always eat from a street vendor becuase of the uniqueness of its taste..but since he was a bit concerned, he used to give the pani puri wala lots of bottles full of bisleries so that he culd have beleri water pani puri.. LOL...
well i miss "jaljira" from delhi :(

Akshay said:
kinda late but count me it too guys! howz life in the US of A? been busy with MCAT prep lately (on my own actually) havent been missing india much these days but would I love to visit once !! been here some 5 years and still havent gotten a chance! hopefully next december! aite take care n keep it desi ya'll !

fyi: from TX

gluck with ur mcat prep! and welcome- join the clan!

DrPreet said:
SAME GOES FOR DESI LARKIS. LOL THE ONES I SEE HERE ARE USUALLY ABCDS WITH 10 LBS OF MAKEUP AND FAKE SHYT EVERYWHERE. WHATEVER HAPP TO THE SIMPLE SEEDHI SAADHI LARKI???? :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

DrPreet said:

true true

But not everyone's like that

hi every1....

indian goin to med school in india here...nice 2 meet u all...

ciao..

Welcome and Namaste to all newbies ! :)