Countdown to the 15th!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerbernator

Retired
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Eeeeek Feckkking Gads!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You know for the lot of us who were obsessively checking the mcat score web site, I sure have seen a lot of folks backing down about actually getting their scores :scared: Now that we know the actual date. :eek:

well, i guess i'll begin the actual "counting"

FIVE DAYS TO GO!

Members don't see this ad :)
DSM said:
You know for the lot of us who were obsessively checking the mcat score web site, I sure have seen a lot of folks backing down about actually getting their scores :scared: Now that we know the actual date. :eek:

I think because now we're starting to realize the ramifications of knowing, rather than remaining in ignorance...I don't know about you all, but I'm nervous as hell!!! :(

ms2209 said:
LOL! Why do you say that?

To mess with our minds, obviously.

I wasn't really nervous or that anxious to check my scores until the 7th. I kind of had that date in my mind and went by day to day with that expectation. Now that I haven't met that expectation, I'm just royally annoyed and impatient. False expectations are not cool.

freaker said:
To mess with our minds, obviously.

I wasn't really nervous or that anxious to check my scores until the 7th. I kind of had that date in my mind and went by day to day with that expectation. Now that I haven't met that expectation, I'm just royally annoyed and impatient. False expectations are not cool.

we need a laptop and we can go have a "Score checking ceremony" somewhere that serves alcohol :thumbup:

just keep checking... one time when you enter your password and hit enter it'll say your score is available. Actually, I think it just shows you your score and doesn't even give you warning when you log on. I can't remember for sure though. They'll flip the switch at some crazy time like 9:09 am.

did anita baker just mess up the national anthem?

Who else here also doesn't care abou the MCAT release date? I feel like I've got too much I need to do before I know I've got to turn into study hell mode stage 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pinkertinkle said:
No, they were a couple hours early. The announced the day was the 14th, and scores came online at about 10 pm on the the 13th.

shhhhh! You're going to break their will to live!

Well in August they officially announced the 14th as the Day of Days, but this year they are being less specific, saying only mid-June.

When I check my score on the night of the 14th, I will have 2 things by my side, a bottle of champagne and a razor blade.

bigdan said:
I'm gonna have two bottles of beer...I'll either drink two to celebrate, or two to forget.dc

I am going to need a lot more than 2 to forget.

bigdan said:
I'm gonna have two bottles of beer...I'll either drink two to celebrate, or two to forget.

dc

My friend and I made a bet. He thinks I did better while I think he did better. So the loser, or whoever does better, has to take a shot for each section, for a total for 4 shots. It's perfect because for my 21st birthday (which just happened to be New Years Eve) :D I had received a set of shot glasses that have those EKG lines on the outside of the glass, you know, the lines on the little monitor that keep track of your heart beat. (Sorry, don't know what the technical term for that is) If anyone knows, please PM me and let me know!

Good luck to everyone on the dreaded 15th! I'm sure everyone did super well. Many of you will be surprised at how well you really did when you get your scores...let's hope I'm one of those people :thumbup:

Oooh, if I did well, maybe I'll spring for some good champagne (even though I don't really like it). If I didn't, then I'll br drowning my sorrows in Natty Light....and lots of it.

Csv321 said:
I had received a set of shot glasses that have those EKG lines on the outside of the glass, you know, the lines on the little monitor that keep track of your heart beat.

Lol....that is so delightfully nerdy. I love it!

I received an e-mail from my Health Professions Advisor saying that the release date is in fact 9AM on the 15th, does anyone know which time zone? Oh! and what's weird is that he probably knows what I got on the MCAT, while I still have to wait a few more days. :mad:

LOL i love this thread. i cant wait to start my own on the 15th titled...

WHOS DRINKING WITH ME??!!?!?!
gl everyone i know you all rocked it!

frank51 said:
I received an e-mail from my Health Professions Advisor saying that the release date is in fact 9AM on the 15th, does anyone know which time zone? Oh! and what's weird is that he probably knows what I got on the MCAT, while I still have to wait a few more days. :mad:

He knows how you did? Oooooh, that is just evil. We should have the right to know first and accept it good or bad before anyone else. Booooo for that.

Im doing a closer-look tour at MCG now. It's hard to get attached to a school when I don't have my score. Great school. I'm impressed. But it won't matter until they're impressed with me.

Hanging on 'til the 15th...

call me old-school, but am i the only one who was originally going to just wait for the scores in the mail? DARNIT.. now that i know it's up on the 15th, i may not be able to resist checking online. =T

No, you're not the only old school one...I didn't even know the scores were going to be posted online for sure until I read this thread. :oops:

Ink Spots---"If I Didn?t Care"

If I didn't care more than words can say
If I didn't care would I feel this way?
If this isn't love then why do I thrill?
And what makes my head go 'round and 'round
While my heart stands still?

If I didn't care would it be the same?
Would my ev'ry prayer begin and end with just your name?
And would I be sure that this is love beyond compare?
Would all this be true if I didn't care for you?

If I didn't care honey child, mo' than words can say. If I didn't
care baby, would I feel this way? Darlin' if this isn?t love, then why do I thrill so
much? What is it that makes my head go 'round and 'round while my heart just stands
still so much ?

If I didn't care would it be the same?
Would my ev'ry prayer begin and end with just your name?
And would I be sure that this is love beyond compare?
Would all this be true if I didn't care for you?

elephunt said:
No, you're not the only old school one...I didn't even know the scores were going to be posted online for sure until I read this thread. :oops:

heheh. well, i'd kinda like to feel my scores on paper... have that heart-thumping, mind-racing experience with a tangible letter on hand, ya know?! then again, i guess that's what rejection/acceptance/waitlist letters from schools are for. :p

well...guess wat...i went to my pre-health advisor..and he told me that they may post the scores tonite...i didnt believe him...so then i called AAMC and they said it was possible that they would go up tonite....whats up with that??????? :luck:

I guess I'm just kind of out of the loop...the last two semesters were so crazy, and I'm an older premed (postbacc) so I don't really know how any of this process works. I'm glad I found this forum--at least now I have a date to dread!!! I've been trying not to think about my scores ever since test day, hoping that would make the time go faster. It worked until last week, when I suddenly realized that the 60 days countdown was getting low...until today, (when I read the thread about the 15th, etc. etc.) I was driving home from work every day, practically throwing up with nervousness until I could check the mailbox to see if THE LETTER had arrived. Thanks for letting me in on the secret, everyone! Makes me wonder what else i don't know...

Are you telling us that they might go up tonight in order to mess with us even more? I hate this waiting game. Although, I must admit that I am happy to have read this thread because otherwise I wouldn't have thought to have been prepared with alcohol by my side! I will be so relieved when scores are up. That way I can move forward with a solid plan, instead of feeding off all of the uncertainty. If I am going to end up with a 25 (God, forbid), better to get over it now.

bigdan said:
Well said. If drink any more than two, I may go looking for PeruvianDoctor's razor blade. Cheers.

dc

LMAO!!!!!!!

well...guess wat...i went to my pre-health advisor..and he told me that they may post the scores tonite...i didnt believe him...so then i called AAMC and they said it was possible that they would go up tonite....whats up with that???????

I hope you are right....

Dude, it was possible for the scores to be up last night! It was also possible for the scores to have been posted last week! Just enjoy your friday night and if you're that anxious, like me, check it tomorrow morning.

I doubt they'll be up tonight. AAMC offices are closed due to the national day of mourning for Reagan.

DemonDeacon said:
Dude, it was possible for the scores to be up last night! It was also possible for the scores to have been posted last week! Just enjoy your friday night and if you're that anxious, like me, check it tomorrow morning.

good call

y doesnt someone just call??????? i want to verify too..forget it ill call with a different voice..... :luck:

ok..so i called again...this time with another voice...and they said...it is very soon...but there is no date...I AM GONNA GO CRAZY!!!!!

btw i finally have my all access pass :) :luck: