Couple of questions regarding filling applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alibai3ah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question, I was wondering how people filled out their activities section on the AMCAs. Did you use "resume" format where it was much more formal and detailed (no use of "I"). Or did you include details but use personal voice to explain how you felt and what you got out of it. And make it longer than the former option.

Sorry I know this has been discussed before (I read it), but I just wanted to know what the general consensus was and what you guys did who have been successful?

Members don't see this ad.

I did what LizzyM told me to do - used concise bullet format to give brief details about what I did. I left the "what I got out of the experience" to the essays and interviews.

I did what LizzyM told me to do - used concise bullet format to give brief details about what I did. I left the "what I got out of the experience" to the essays and interviews.

I remember a LizzyM post saying that, but then other people saying that this is the opinion of only one adcomm member. ANd that it was better to say more......this is why i'm a bit confused on which way to go.

Anyone else have a different opinion?