Quantcast

couple of quick questions about MCW interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pratik7

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
853
Reaction score
6

Members don't see this ad.
Hey, I have an interview at MCW and had a couple of quick questions and the office of admissions hasnt returned my email.

Is there a place to put away luggage in the admissions office the day of the interview.

What time does the social end?

Just curious, what is the acceptance rate post interview?

Thanks
 

leiface

i see sick people
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
1. There is a place to put your luggage when you check in for your interview, it's actually down a very short hall in a conference room and the admissions staff will likely ask you if you want to put your stuff there.

2. I didn't goto the social so can't help you there :(

3. The acceptance rate is 77% instate and 70.5% out of state according to US News from last year, so pretty good odds.

Goodluck!
 

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
5,046
Reaction score
7
The social is only about 45 minutes long (I forget when it started).
 

Xandie

OB/GYN Resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
1
We usually try to get out of the social by 9:00 pm, but we run over 5 or 10 minutes occasionally.
 

Code Brown

Low man on the totem pole
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
0
Xandie said:
We usually try to get out of the social by 9:00 pm, but we run over 5 or 10 minutes occasionally.

Quick question here. I'll probably miss the social (my plane doesn't get in till 9 and I don't think I can change my flight), but heard (I think it was on here somewhere) that often, a group of students go out afterwards with some of the interviewees to continue the socializing process (for lack of a better term). I'd like to meet up with you guys if this is the case. Seeing as I could possibly be spending 4 years there, I want to see what the student population is like and what there is to do from a non-adcom perspective. If you don't want to post here, just PM me. Thanks!
 

Xandie

OB/GYN Resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
1
Code Brown said:
Quick question here. I'll probably miss the social (my plane doesn't get in till 9 and I don't think I can change my flight), but heard (I think it was on here somewhere) that often, a group of students go out afterwards with some of the interviewees to continue the socializing process (for lack of a better term). I'd like to meet up with you guys if this is the case. Seeing as I could possibly be spending 4 years there, I want to see what the student population is like and what there is to do from a non-adcom perspective. If you don't want to post here, just PM me. Thanks!


We usually go to the Chancery (a bar on Menomonee River Pkwy/State St) and/or custard at Kopp's out on Bluemound. I would wager that people will be there at that time... just walk around and look for a group of young-ish people. I'll find out who is hosting this week and see if I can arrange a hook-up.

Xandie
 

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
0
Do they really have a limo pick you up for the social? I heard it somewhere, but not sure if it is MCW.
 

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
5,046
Reaction score
7
Uegis said:
Do they really have a limo pick you up for the social? I heard it somewhere, but not sure if it is MCW.

They did when I interviewed! :laugh:
 

brats800

cheesehead
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
805
Reaction score
14
i would assume it is based on how many people they are picking up...if i remember correctly, they said that it would be like a 15 passanger van picking people up for when i was there...
 

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
0
UCLAstudent said:
They did when I interviewed! :laugh:

Haha, sweet. Something to look forward to. So which one do you like more, OSU or MCW?
 

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
5,046
Reaction score
7
Uegis said:
Haha, sweet. Something to look forward to. So which one do you like more, OSU or MCW?

I really liked MCW, but OSU totally blew me away. :D
 
Top