Couples match list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there, I know people always say not to over apply to places and that applications have become oversaturated. I was just curious what a "safe" amount of programs is to apply to if I am applying as part of the couples match, I'm applying IM and my husband is applying EM. We are both from midwest DO schools and individually it seems that we are competitive for our fields but how do we know how to narrow down our programs safely without risking that we don't match? Any advice appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Entirely dependent on each of your individual competitiveness. I'm not super up to date about applying to EM other than I know that it has become "competitive." It appears based on your post history that your husband received feedback that 70 would be an appropriate number for EM on his own, so I would venture a guess that 80-120 is probably the right answer, but again depends on your own competitiveness, what kinds of programs you're looking at, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.