Course Classification & Coursework entry question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

carly.cooper

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 questions that I haven't been able to find on here... first, I took an Addiction Studies class (Alcohol Use and Addiction) my junior year. Would I classify this as "Special Studies," "Behavioral & Social Sciences," or "Other" ? It didn't focus on any biology/psychology, basically just learned the rates of alcohol use and different types of alcohol.

Second question: My official transcript listed my biology I course and lab separately, e.g.,:

BIOL 151 General Biology I, 4 credits
BIOL 151L General Biology I Lab, 0 credits

Would I still list these separately in the coursework on AMCAS even if the lab has 0 credit hours? Or combine them into 1 entry with "General Biology I and Lab" and check the box "Lab and lecture combined" ?