Course load

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usa2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear optometry student.
I have a question regarding course load at optometry school. I know most schools have about 25/28 credits per semester. I was wondering how do u guys handle it and how do u manage your time in terms of studying and clinical works! I got really scared... I need some advice!please help me..

Members don't see this ad.

Time management. There are in fact enough hours in the day for classes, labs, studying, and believe it or not, free time and work if you so choose. There are many ways to make you study time more effective, such as studying in groups, or simply splitting up material to present to each other in different formats. As far as examinations go, my school appointed examination czars to make sure that preparation time is evenly dispersed between exam periods.

Is it tough? Yes. Do you have to work hard? Yes. Can you have a life at the same time? Yes. Is it all worth it in the end? That depends on if you are looking at doing what you really want to do. (My answer is Yes)

Thanks for your response. I was really worried.. U gave me hope

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
As far as course load is concerned, how are the 10-12 classes and labs distributed throughout the day. Are they taken back to back, or are they broken up into different days of the week. this is always something I wondered about. Planning to apply to Nova for 2010 admissions. Thanks for any input. :)

Hi,
As far as course load is concerned, how are the 10-12 classes and labs distributed throughout the day. Are they taken back to back, or are they broken up into different days of the week. this is always something I wondered about. Planning to apply to Nova for 2010 admissions. Thanks for any input. :)
M/W/F and Tu/Th, some classes once a week. You don't have 10-12 classes and labs in a single day.

thanks for clearing that up for me. :)