Course Repeats for Vet School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VetHopeful0609

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey does anyone know if OSU takes your highest grade (if you repeated a course) when they calculate your GPA? And are the capstone courses carry the same weight as the prereqs? Thanks!
 
whoops, sorry, Ohio State! (I'm an OH resident so I'm so used to saying OSU and thinking everyone knows what I'm saying)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the past Ohio State has replaced grades. It's not something they always clearly state though so it's vulnerable to the whims of those directing the admissions decisions in any given year. You can call and ask, but be prepared to have to call again "just to make sure." I've personally been given conflicting information when communicating to different people at OSU about repeated courses. The best bet is to ask Sandra or another long-term admissions person about what they are doing this cycle.