Course Repeats for Vet School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VetHopeful0609

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know if OSU takes your highest grade (if you repeated a course) when they calculate your GPA? And are the capstone courses carry the same weight as the prereqs? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey does anyone know if OSU takes your highest grade (if you repeated a course) when they calculate your GPA? And are the capstone courses carry the same weight as the prereqs? Thanks!
There are three OSU's. Gonna have to be more specific.

Reactions: 1 users
whoops, sorry, Ohio State! (I'm an OH resident so I'm so used to saying OSU and thinking everyone knows what I'm saying)

Members don't see this ad :)
In the past Ohio State has replaced grades. It's not something they always clearly state though so it's vulnerable to the whims of those directing the admissions decisions in any given year. You can call and ask, but be prepared to have to call again "just to make sure." I've personally been given conflicting information when communicating to different people at OSU about repeated courses. The best bet is to ask Sandra or another long-term admissions person about what they are doing this cycle.