Course units (quarter system) --> Semester Hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plsfoldthx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm entering in my grades into AACOMAS and wtf is semester hours? There is a conversion table in the instructions, but it is in quarter hours -> semester hours...... Is quarter hours the same as course units for a quarter system?
 
Hi,

I'm entering in my grades into AACOMAS and wtf is semester hours? There is a conversion table in the instructions, but it is in quarter hours -> semester hours...... Is quarter hours the same as course units for a quarter system?

yes
 
I would just like to clarify so: 4 quarter units = 2.7 semester hours, 3 quarter units = 2.0 hours, 2 quarter units = 1.3 semester hours, and 1 unit = 0.7 semester hours?

I think this make sense, however, my only cocern at this point is like some DO schools (for example MSUCOM) requies Biochem as premedical coursework for 3 semsetesr hours. I took biochem as undergraduate but that was just one class with regular 4 quarter units (2.7 semseter hours), in other words I am 0.3 semester hours short. How is it going to affect my qualification?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would just like to clarify so: 4 quarter units = 2.7 semester hours, 3 quarter units = 2.0 hours, 2 quarter units = 1.3 semester hours, and 1 unit = 0.7 semester hours?

I think this make sense, however, my only cocern at this point is like some DO schools (for example MSUCOM) requies Biochem as premedical coursework for 3 semsetesr hours. I took biochem as undergraduate but that was just one class with regular 4 quarter units (2.7 semseter hours), in other words I am 0.3 semester hours short. How is it going to affect my qualification?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Theoretically they should take it. Was there also a Biochem lab that you took? thats how I meet the requirements.
 
Theoretically they should take it. Was there also a Biochem lab that you took? thats how I meet the requirements.

No I only took the lecture; since biochem is considered to be an upper-level elective course students in our school are not required to take it at all. I do hope that there is room for flexibility when they look at your premedical course work. In this case, I'm positive that a lot of applicants will not be able to meet this specific requirement, especially if you come from a school where quarter-unit system is used.
 
No I only took the lecture; since biochem is considered to be an upper-level elective course students in our school are not required to take it at all. I do hope that there is room for flexibility when they look at your premedical course work. In this case, I'm positive that a lot of applicants will not be able to meet this specific requirement, especially if you come from a school where quarter-unit system is used.

I'm from the quarter system and I meet it with Biochem + Lab...
 
Hi!

had another quick question...

what if I have 1.5 quarters? how many semesters is that? do i round up or down? so confused! thanks!