You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Courses for fall semester
Started by DrSal
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Originally posted by DrSal
What do you guys think?
Phys1 (not calc-based)
BCHM
Anatomy & physiology (6 credits)
realistic or unrealistic (to study and ace all 3?)?
you are only taking 3 classes?
Shouldn't be a problem depending on how hard those classes are at your school.
Be very very wary of biochem though. It's absolutely no fun whatsoever when they ask you to trace so and so carbon through the kreb cycle and what position it ends up at.
Seeing how your anatomy and physiology class are combined, I wouldn't be too worried. You probably won't get too heavy into any particular subject. If your class is only 30 people and graded on a bell shaped curve (C being standard), I'd be VERY worried then. God, I love my school :-\
As for Physics? I would recommend something called PROVIGIL. A prescription drug for nacrolepsy. LOL. It's not hard by any means.. just incredibly incredibly BORING.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my schedule for the upcoming quarter:
Evolutionary Bio (heavy emphasis on molecular testing, but should be easy since I took evoluntionary/comparative anatomy).
Physiology (Will I be one of the 5 people that can score an A in that class? Nah, another C's going on my transcript)
Behvaioral Neuroscience
On campus from 9-5 everyday baby! =)
Be very very wary of biochem though. It's absolutely no fun whatsoever when they ask you to trace so and so carbon through the kreb cycle and what position it ends up at.
Seeing how your anatomy and physiology class are combined, I wouldn't be too worried. You probably won't get too heavy into any particular subject. If your class is only 30 people and graded on a bell shaped curve (C being standard), I'd be VERY worried then. God, I love my school :-\
As for Physics? I would recommend something called PROVIGIL. A prescription drug for nacrolepsy. LOL. It's not hard by any means.. just incredibly incredibly BORING.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my schedule for the upcoming quarter:
Evolutionary Bio (heavy emphasis on molecular testing, but should be easy since I took evoluntionary/comparative anatomy).
Physiology (Will I be one of the 5 people that can score an A in that class? Nah, another C's going on my transcript)
Behvaioral Neuroscience
On campus from 9-5 everyday baby! =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for your advice ttsd.
I'm actually taking 4 classes, but i was thinking of dropping a french politics class (like read articles and write your opinion...etc all in french) and adding the BCHM instead. I really enjoy french, not my major, but it would be like my minor (we don't do minors at my school, we get "citations")
The thing about french is that it's so out of my sphere (ie biology) that doing the readings and writing is like such a pain in the @$$ when i gotta worry about my heavier classes.
My A&P class is a 4 credit lecture, witha 2 credit lab. I've never done more than 2 sciences a semester, which is why i'm a little hesitant. (and people say BCHM isn't exactly easy...)
So it's boring french vs. hard bchm...
I'm actually taking 4 classes, but i was thinking of dropping a french politics class (like read articles and write your opinion...etc all in french) and adding the BCHM instead. I really enjoy french, not my major, but it would be like my minor (we don't do minors at my school, we get "citations")
The thing about french is that it's so out of my sphere (ie biology) that doing the readings and writing is like such a pain in the @$$ when i gotta worry about my heavier classes.
My A&P class is a 4 credit lecture, witha 2 credit lab. I've never done more than 2 sciences a semester, which is why i'm a little hesitant. (and people say BCHM isn't exactly easy...)
So it's boring french vs. hard bchm...
?
....
I think its too much.
nope...suck it up and get come of those candies TTSD is recommending..ull need it for biochem
physics = funny things
physics = funny things
I think it's too much too. Chill out and relax. Med school will be time to cram the sciences, enjoy yourself in college. At least that's my philosophy😛
I think I need to qualify that last post. If you like to party and go out and stuff, it's too much. If you're just focused on school work when you're not in class/volunteering, you can prolly handle it.
Originally posted by thackl
How about this?
Anatomy & Lab
Microbiology & Lab
Genetics
I'm an engineer trying to avoid biology shock next year🙄
Ouch, an engineer taking all those bio classes? Good luck dude, but I'm sure you have good studying habits.
Genetics and Microbio are pretty cake.. just sit there and memorize essentially. Anatomy's fun, you'll love it especially if you're an engineer. What other magnificant feat of engineering is there than Biology. Just remember, everything's part of a system and you should be fine =) Le Freaking Chatelier haunts you well after general chemistry :-D
What do you guys think about physics 2 (5 credits), molecular biology of development (4 credits), advanced news writing (3 credits), History of the press in America (3 credits), Research for honors credit (3 credits-10 hours a week minimum), Pharmacy tech job (18 hours a week), Kaplan (study for april MCAT)
Seems like alot right. See I have to work but because of work I hardly have time to shadow/volunteer. So I'm going to try to squeeze that into the mix.
Doable?
Seems like alot right. See I have to work but because of work I hardly have time to shadow/volunteer. So I'm going to try to squeeze that into the mix.
Doable?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanx for everyone's input. I agree w/docsoccer that med school is the time to overoad on sciences..not now.
Princess, that's a mighty load you have! But i guess your signature says it all..huh..
I emailed my physiology prof (physiology is prolly the most important class i have this semester, 6 credits!!) and asked him what he thought, and he said that those 3 sciences would be too much. So, his opinion is very weighty in my mind...although i'm still thinking.
If i don't take Bchem now, do you think taking it in the spring alongside MCAT prep would be a good idea (like phys2, bchem, english, BS class)..i think that looks like a nice load?
Ugghhh, decisions decisions decisions!!!! Thanks for all your help you guys! Discovering SDN has been the greatest thing that happened to me this summer
Princess, that's a mighty load you have! But i guess your signature says it all..huh..
I emailed my physiology prof (physiology is prolly the most important class i have this semester, 6 credits!!) and asked him what he thought, and he said that those 3 sciences would be too much. So, his opinion is very weighty in my mind...although i'm still thinking.
If i don't take Bchem now, do you think taking it in the spring alongside MCAT prep would be a good idea (like phys2, bchem, english, BS class)..i think that looks like a nice load?
Ugghhh, decisions decisions decisions!!!! Thanks for all your help you guys! Discovering SDN has been the greatest thing that happened to me this summer

Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 942