What Course Should I Take? Sophomore Fall Semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

palosantoenjoyer

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I am really struggling on picking my last course for my sophomore fall semester. As of right now, I have Organic Chemistry 2+lab, Biology 1+lab, and Sociology planned.

I have completed/will complete the following: Gen Chem 1 + lab, Physics 1+ lab, a History Writing course, Engineering Intro class+ lab, Organic Chemistry 1+lab, Psychology, English Credit, and Engineering Intro to Mechanics 1+ lab.

I have AP credit for Calc AB and BC as well as Stats and I plan to use them. I have other AP credits but I do not plan on using them to fulfill premed requirements. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should take? I want to be able to apply to medical school my senior year of college so I want to get the premed requirements done ASAP.

Thank you guys!

edit - I am engineering minor so that is why I am taking engineering courses. I do not necessarily need higher level math for this
 
Last edited:
Have you talked with your academic advisor? Have you figured out your major yet?

If you are in an engineering curriculum, you seem to be missing some serious math like Calc 3 or DiffEqs. For general "premed," your coursework for Org2, Bio1, and Soc seems reasonable.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Keep the schedule light, if you can. Organic chemistry is challenging for many pre-meds and almost always results in a downturn in GPA which can be discouraging but which often rebounds the semester after it is over.
Thank you for your reply. What class should I take then? I was thinking between another english credit or econ 1 but I am not sure.
 
Do students at your school use "rate my professor" One of my kids found it helpful when choosing electives. Your school also might provide access to course evaluations from years past. That can be another source of insights into the workload and grading policies that could be relevant for you.