Courses under BCPM?

Started by prehealthboi
Tags Tags
bcpm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prehealthboi

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

My BCPM gpa is pretty low because of a few C's in some hard science classes. I wanted to know if taking courses such as Entomology (ENY3005 or ENY2040) would count. I understand that the AAMC considers Entomology as a BCPM but I also don't want to spend money on additional coursework if I can avoid it. Would taking these courses look bad to medical schools as a booster class as trying to boost my science GPA or should I take it to help with my science GPA? Also there is another class "Exotic Species and Biosecurity Issues, ALS 4161" that I was planning to take but I am not sure again if this will look like a booster class or if this even counts towards my BCPM. Any advice you have will help. Thank you!