COVD Student Org in Optometry school

Started by ikarichan
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ikarichan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone! I'm currently applying to optometry schools. I'm in the interview process and have been accepted at a couple of places. In my research, I've been surprised to find the variation in student organizations at various schools. I was wondering if anyone could provide some answers to some of my questions regarding the COVD student orgs:

1. If your school has a COVD organization, how active on average is it at your school? (I want to get a general feel across the country. The schools I'm applying with COVD orgs are SUNY and SCO)
2. Has anyone started a COVD chapter at their school? If so, can you provide insight? (Whether or not I can start one myself will help me decide if I should pick a school without a COVD org)

thanks in advance!