COVID/1099 Status/Workmen's Comp

Started by Old_Mil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Old_Mil

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've never relied on a 1099 for my primary income stream. I figured I might throw this out there as a discussion point so our 1099 colleagues don't get any unpleasant surprises.

What is the relationship between at work injuries (or in this case, contracting Covid), the individual health care policy you buy on the open market, and workmen's compensation insurance?

... Because obviously you don't want to be in a position where you are counting on your health insurance for coverage and they deny claims because they classify something as a work related injury.