Sep 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi Everyone,

So I know that Prometric is closing their testing centers through April 16. Obviously, it's hard to tell how this situation is going to play out the next couple weeks, but I was scheduled to take mine on April 18, and I was wondering if anyone thinks that this will still be a possibility or if you think that the testing centers will be closed through all of April. Just wanted to get some other opinions, so I can start planning ahead.

Thanks!

Reactions: orgoman22

RYost234

5+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Tbh any answer would be purely speculation at this point. Definitely prepare for it to be on your scheduled date

Jan 27, 2019
Plan to take on the 18th but I doubt it wont be pushed further. Mine is on the April 16th after I rescheduled from March 23 but my expectation is it will be pushed further but am preparing as if it is on the 16th.

About the Ads

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
No one has a crystal ball to answer that question, but I remain optimistic things will be back to normal asap. I do agree with
Faris_ and RYost234 keep preparing for your test date.

Wishing everyone one the best #think30

Nancy

Reactions: RYost234
Mar 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
hi, my test date is on April 10 and was canceled. Does anyone know if we have to go in and reschedule this ourselves, or does prometric send a special email showing how to reschedule to to the Covid-19 closure?
Thank you

Mar 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey! Thanks! So as of now I technically don't have a test date since my April 10 date was canceled correct?

Mar 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
@Faris_, did you reschedule your test date already? if so, did you do it after you got the email regarding the instructions or did you do it on your own?

Jan 27, 2019
@Faris_, did you reschedule your test date already? if so, did you do it after you got the email regarding the instructions or did you do it on your own?
I rescheduled immediately to the 16th of April. I wasn't asked to pay $60 fee, thus did NOT pay a rescheduling fee although it showed up in the summery of the rescheduling receipt as paid and no due is remaining. I did it on my own as I expect the email with rescheduling instructions would take weeks to be sent.

Am guessing the people who need to wait for the email are people who have an expired exam beyond the 15th of April since normally they can't reschedule beyond their expiration date. I lucked out since my exam expires on the 16th of April. Meaning any further delays then I'll have to wait for that email. If your exam won't be expired by the 15th of April than I'd suggest you try to reschedule on any day beyond the 15th of April. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019
So do we have to wait for the email from prometric or not?
Prometric isn't going to stop you from rescheduling. So NO, you don't have to wait for the email and you can reschedule before receiving the email if you want.

The email mostly pertains to people who can't reschedule because their exams expired during the closure time so they're waiting for an extension so can become able to reschedule at a date after closure ends.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
So do we have to wait for the email from prometric or not?
If you have an existing appointment with Prometric, you will receive email instructions on how to reschedule your appointment to a future date once it is safe to resume testing. No rescheduling fees will be applied. We are working with your exam sponsor to ensure all program requirements are met. Please note that if you choose to contact Prometric for assistance, hold times may be extended due to the volume of individuals we are attempting to support. We thank you for your patience.

If you are looking to schedule a new appointment, you can search for available appointments on our website, www.prometric.com. Note that appointments in the US and Canada will not be available until April 16 at the earliest. For the latest updates regarding COVID-19 in general and best practices for overall health and safety, please visit the CDC Works 24/7

About the Ads