covid-19 vaccine raise demand for retail pharmacists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, but two techs at my store have tested positive within the last month. We also had to deep clean our store yesterday after a COVID positive customer walked in asking for a test.
I'm a tech and have been working for a few months. I'm sadly sure I'll get it at some point.
Yes. And, they died. They were in their 40s.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Cal/OSHA promulgated some COVID-19 infection "management" (my word) standards the other day: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/dosh_publications/COVIDOnePageFS.pdf

If you wish to "correct unsafe and unhealthy conditions," depending on your pharmacy layout this means:

Onry 1 person at drop off.

Onry 1 person filling.

Tell these nimrod customers without repercussion to stay behind the "sneeze guards" or don't duck underneath the gaps.

Tell customers to use their own brain to find OTC stuff (unfortunately there are illiterates, i.e., people who literally can't read)

Retail pharmacies with narrow/cramped layouts (i.e., some Rite Aids, most Walmarts, all former Longs Drugs locations, grocery pharmacy) aren't gonna meet these standards, technically

Members don't see this ad :)
To PROMOTE SIMPLICITY(TM) we are supposed to spam pickup so that might mean two people doing check out while a pharmacist covers the in window

Doesn't Kaiser have a billion pharmacists and techs in their outpatient pharmacies?

Last edited:
FDA Adcom on Pfizer's vaccine is streaming live now - if it goes well, might see approval by afternoon.

CVS cutoff is 3/31.Anytime after that CVS would have to pay unemployment.CVS aint stupid.

I can't give you a definite answer.The recruiters said 3/31 which like I said would save CVS on unemployment.States are allowing techs to immunize so I can't picture chains hiring pharmacists for stores. 6 out of 10 got a flu shot last year.Perhaps when the public starts getting it it would be like another flu season.I will take the money and run.

Last edited:
I can't give you a definite answer.The recruiters said 3/31 which like I said would save CVS on unemployment.States are allowing techs to immunize so I can't picture chains hiring pharmacists for stores. 6 out of 10 got a flu shot last year.Perhaps when the public starts getting it it would be like another flu season.I will take the money and run.
Cool cool, I am not applying to this LTC vaccine jobs, I am waiting for staff position to open up. I don’t mind vaccinating general public though. Friend of mine just got staff position with 5 K bonus with Walgreen. Let’s see how it goes for her. I might just apply there.

Cool cool, I am not applying to this LTC vaccine jobs, I am waiting for staff position to open up. I don’t mind vaccinating general public though. Friend of mine just got staff position with 5 K bonus with Walgreen. Let’s see how it goes for her. I might just apply there.

I hope you’re able to find something! Is the catch for the bonus less pay and less hours guaranteed?

I notice WAG pays less. I wouldn’t wanna be hired full time in retail by either them or CVS tho. I’m content with this as a temp job. If they don’t want me in 3 months, ok

I hope you’re able to find something! Is the catch for the bonus less pay and less hours guaranteed?

I notice WAG pays less. I wouldn’t wanna be hired full time in retail by either them or CVS tho. I’m content with this as a temp job. If they don’t want me in 3 months, ok
So funny things is that I don’t find my friend’s offer real. It’s too good to be true. Pay is 2 $ less than cvs but 64 hours /2 weeks. She can participate in vaccine clinics on side, they will pay her over time. I forgot exact amount that they are offering her to pay for vaccine clinic. Also, they ask her to covid testing.

oh yeah, I agree retail is worse place to work for. But for now I am ok with it for time being. Did you start with cvs for vaccine job? How’s that coming along.

So funny things is that I don’t find my friend’s offer real. It’s too good to be true. Pay is 2 $ less than cvs but 64 hours /2 weeks. She can participate in vaccine clinics on side, they will pay her over time. I forgot exact amount that they are offering her to pay for vaccine clinic. Also, they ask her to covid testing.

oh yeah, I agree retail is worse place to work for. But for now I am ok with it for time being. Did you start with cvs for vaccine job? How’s that coming along.

Did orientation today. Will have to do more days to finish all the modules. Should be able to do clinics by next week if it all goes accordingly.

My friend who did orientation last last week did his first day of clinic today. Got the shot at the end of the day. Team of 4. He used to do flu immunization at our previous company for LTC facilities so he said it was easy

Did orientation today. Will have to do more days to finish all the modules. Should be able to do clinics by next week if it all goes accordingly.

My friend who did orientation last last week did his first day of clinic today. Got the shot at the end of the day. Team of 4. He used to do flu immunization at our previous company for LTC facilities so he said it was easy
It’s good that your friend got his shot. I don’t understand why pharmacist can’t get vaccine first before starting this job. Good luck to you, would love to know how it goes for you. Did they say they will offer you staff or their store job once assignment is over?

It’s good that your friend got his shot. I don’t understand why pharmacist can’t get vaccine first before starting this job. Good luck to you, would love to know how it goes for you. Did they say they will offer you staff or their store job once assignment is over?

They never mentioned it but I’d turn it down if they offered it. I’m trying to see if I can get the shot this week but I have yet to meet my depot leader

You know if CVS is involved in this **** that it will just reinforce the clown showiness of this alleged COVID vaccine rollout

• Sad