Covid Booster shots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find it funny how the Ultra liberal lock down states have essentially similar outcomes as the ultra conservative open up states.

I'm not sure that's true based on the at least the ~15-20 states with the lowest proportional case rates:


Nonetheless, looking at outcomes from a place like New Zealand -- with natural isolating borders -- will be a better example to see if there's benefit from an "ultra liberal lock down" in the long run.
 
Omniscient or whatever you call it is just another domino towards the publics not giving a rats A$$ about Covid anymore. If Omicorn turns into an easily transmitted mild variant, then great. Vax/unvaxxed can all get it increasing immunity.

Every time they add another greek alphabet, shut down borders, make a big deal out of it the less people will care.

The next Greek alphabet that comes up will be met with, "Yeah they said that about Omniscient, or was it Omnicorn, or Unicorn"

Covid, definitely a big health issue, is coming to the end of its political usefulness.

I find it funny how the Ultra liberal lock down states have essentially similar outcomes as the ultra conservative open up states.

Time to move on, let people who didn't get vax take the risk if they want. If you want to lower your risk, get Vax. Lets stop using this as a political tool to get votes which is all is essentially is right now because most who are scared have been vaxxed, and those who are not vaxxed will get it and bear the burden.

Facts disagree with you (though I do agree that mass lockdowns for Omicron are mostly pointless at this point except in specific localities if healthcare resources strained)

Counties that voted trump have an almost 50% higher Covid mortality rate then counties that voted Biden.

 
Gives the newsradio folks something to prattle on about.

As an aside (and as an admitted newsradio junkie), I really get agitated when media folks can't pronounce basic science terms.

Omicron.
O-mi-cron.

Isn't "communications" their field of expertise? Then, sound like you know what you're talking about when you communicate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure that's true based on the at least the ~15-20 states with the lowest proportional case rates:


Nonetheless, looking at outcomes from a place like New Zealand -- with natural isolating borders -- will be a better example to see if there's benefit from an "ultra liberal lock down" in the long run.

That's true! All the states with the lowest ones appear to be solidly democratic states over the past 50+ years. I don't know if they all did lockdowns or not though.
 


I am not debating if lockdown/strict measures decreased infection rate. Anyone with any logic will tell you that a complete lockdown, everyone stay in their home would drastically lower transmission rates. The more germane point is if Liberal state Lock down's economic & social detriments warrant the small decrease in Deaths. Mortality is a more important indicator than infection rate. I believe the infection rate in red vs blue states was like 1.1x more.

From covid deaths statistics, looks like red and blue states are all over the list.

Iowa which had the most laxed was right in the middle for death per capita. New york/NJ one of the most strict with one of the highest death per capita.

I just do not believe what little benefits on infection rate, mortality outweighed the social impact of kids being virtual for over a year or the economic impact on shutting down all of those restaurants.
 


I am not debating if lockdown/strict measures decreased infection rate. Anyone with any logic will tell you that a complete lockdown, everyone stay in their home would drastically lower transmission rates. The more germane point is if Liberal state Lock down's economic & social detriments warrant the small decrease in Deaths. Mortality is a more important indicator than infection rate. I believe the infection rate in red vs blue states was like 1.1x more.

From covid deaths statistics, looks like red and blue states are all over the list.

Iowa which had the most laxed was right in the middle for death per capita. New york/NJ one of the most strict with one of the highest death per capita.

I just do not believe what little benefits on infection rate, mortality outweighed the social impact of kids being virtual for over a year or the economic impact on shutting down all of those restaurants.
I'm not trying to pick on you, just quoting this post because it's one (of many) that demonstrates a frustrating asymmetry in skepticism.

Why are people so eager to question public health measures' impacts on illness, and in the same breath bemoan, as if it's unquestionable fact, the impacts of public health measures on the economy?
 
Last edited: