COVID Tip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We all have a new ritual when we get home which is stripping at the door and the scantily clad walk to the shower. This coincides with all the kids being out of school for the duration.

May I highly recommend:

Make sure your child is not engaged in a video classroom session prior to making your way through the room.

I am happy to serve, yet again, as a cautionary example.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
We all have a new ritual when we get home which is stripping at the door and the scantily clad walk to the shower. This coincides with all the kids being out of school for the duration.

May I highly recommend:

Make sure your child is not engaged in a video classroom session prior to making your way through the room.

I am happy to serve, yet again, as a cautionary example.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, funny.
Anyone changing before leaving the hospital? I feel like this is better than stripping in front of the house and will also "preserve" the car (especially for those of us who only have one car)?

Haha, funny.
Anyone changing before leaving the hospital? I feel like this is better than stripping in front of the house and will also "preserve" the car (especially for those of us who only have one car)?

I thought about it...and might. Have to be motivated and break old habits and consistently do this. It’s hard to take all these generally extreme measures seriously when I’m seeing 7 patients / shift and only a few are COVID possibilities.

Reactions: 1 user
Why not bring a spare set of civilian clothes and change into those after a shift and shower? That way your car won't be contaminated.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought about it...and might. Have to be motivated and break old habits and consistently do this. It’s hard to take all these generally extreme measures seriously when I’m seeing 7 patients / shift and only a few are COVID possibilities.
Yeah the volume is way down at one of the sites where I work

You guys are nuts. I just treat it like the flu. Change, put scrubs into a specific hamper, then shower. It's not like this is Ebola or something else deadly to most people on contact. I seriously doubt it's going to linger on your scrubs, then radiate through the air when you get home and infect your family. Unless they make close contact with you while in the work clothes, the risk of transmission is pretty close to zero.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users