COVID19 and MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

readmypostsMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey mcaters, just sending my thoughts to all of you studying for the mcat during COVID19. I was studying for the mcat this time last year and it sucked, bad. I can’t imagine what it would be like to study in the midst of a global pandemic, especially with uncertainty about if your test date will be canceled (I haven’t heard of any news thus far, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened). Good luck to you all and try to keep focused!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well said. To all those still trying to grind through the uncertainty, keep your nose out of the news and make sure to call your families and still do all the things that keeps you sane.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I saw on reddit MCAT that Philly cancelled exams for 3/27 but I’m not there so I can’t confirm. The one today I went to no problem other than a kid was actually sick and going GEGMGMHGHRNG every 20 seconds clearing mucus from his throat. I really wish they had banned him from taking whatever test he was taking (it was only there during the P/S section) because it was really uncool to him to come test so clearly sick.

Well said. To all those still trying to grind through the uncertainty, keep your nose out of the news and make sure to call your families and still do all the things that keeps you sane.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

With that said, please follow these few steps by the WHO - Advice for public

1 - HANDS Wash them often
2 - ELBOW Cough into it and use other respiratory hygiene practices
3 - FACE Don't touch it (i.e. eyes, nose, and mouth)
4 - FEET Stay more than 3ft apart from people coughing or sneezing
5 - FEEL unwell? Stay home, but if you are having fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
6 - Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider

We should all try to do our part to stop the spread of this disease and that's not just for protecting ourselves, but also protecting others around us (who might be much more vulnerable to this disease).