Program-Specific Info / Q's Cox College Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterOf.Science.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Cox college for class starting in Fall 2016? If so, what are you stats and did you get an interview yet?

I've tried to find more info on Cox, but there really doesn't seem to be anything reviews out there yet. Wanting to see exactly how popular this program is. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone applied to Cox college for class starting in Fall 2016? If so, what are you stats and did you get an interview yet?

I've tried to find more info on Cox, but there really doesn't seem to be anything reviews out there yet. Wanting to see exactly how popular this program is. :p

I have a friend that attended this program. She was in the first cohort of this program since it begun but transferred to another program along with other students. She has told me a lot of negative things about the faculty and learning experience. She stated the faculty are young graduates who help them pass a class but do not prepare them for the NBCOT. Also the area surrounding Cox College isn't the most safe area to attend a school. If you're not familiar with springfield MO, I suggest you do heavy research. I hope not to discourage anyone from applying but this is a firsthand perspective that was told to me. There aren't any reviews on the program yet because its new and NOT accredited yet. It has a lot of work to improve on from what she told me. I suggest going to another but thats my view

I have a friend that attended this program. She was in the first cohort of this program since it begun but transferred to another program along with other students. She has told me a lot of negative things about the faculty and learning experience. She stated the faculty are young graduates who help them pass a class but do not prepare them for the NBCOT. Also the area surrounding Cox College isn't the most safe area to attend a school. If you're not familiar with springfield MO, I suggest you do heavy research. I hope not to discourage anyone from applying but this is a firsthand perspective that was told to me. There aren't any reviews on the program yet because its new and NOT accredited yet. It has a lot of work to improve on from what she told me. I suggest going to another but thats my view
What school did she transfer to? Isn't it hard to transfer programs? Also, when did she begin? I thought the first cohort started only a year or two ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I just got an invite for an interview at Cox College.
Anyone else?
I'm really nervous because I haven't heard good things and it's yet to be accredited..but every other place I applied denied me.
Thoughts?

Anyone else?
I'm really nervous because I haven't heard good things and it's yet to be accredited..but every other place I applied denied me.
Thoughts?
I also was invited for an interview. I was just accepted to another school yesterday though, so I'm not sure if i'll go through with it or not. But I do know that if it was my only option, I would've attended Cox! I have family that lives up there, and they have only said good things about the school.

Anyone else?
Thoughts?
Sorry I just saw this! Could you direct message me and I could tell you more.

There are A LOT of lies in this post. Maybe you are not a liar but you were CLEARLY misinformed. How could someone have had a learning experience but transferred when the school is still within their first Cohort. They went to Cox College and transferred to another OT school mid-semester? What school would accept a mid-semester transfer from an unaccreditied program? To my knowledge, every student that started at Cox College is still enrolled. Maybe someone transferred prior to the class beginning, but there is no way they could validate the learning experience. How can that person know that the students do not get prepared for the NBCOT when there has yet to be a graduating class? If you go to the Cox College website and look up the faculty for their OT program, a simple google search will show you that the listed faculty are very experienced. How can you spew such uninformed negativity and say you hope not to discourage anyone from applying?

Here is a News Report on some of the progress Cox College has made thus far if you are actually curious.
http://www.fox5krbk.com/improvements-to-occupational-therapy-education/

Last edited:
There are A LOT of lies in this post. Maybe you are not a liar but you were CLEARLY misinformed. How could someone have had a learning experience but transferred when the school is still within their first Cohort. They went to Cox College and transferred to another OT school mid-semester? What school would accept a mid-semester transfer from an unaccreditied program? To my knowledge, every student that started at Cox College is still enrolled. Maybe someone transferred prior to the class beginning, but there is no way they could validate the learning experience. How can that person know that the students do not get prepared for the NBCOT when there has yet to be a graduating class? If you go to the Cox College website and look up the faculty for their OT program, a simple google search will show you that the listed faculty are very experienced. How can you spew such uninformed negativity and say you hope not to discourage anyone from applying?

Here is a News Report on some of the progress Cox College has made thus far if you are actually curious.
http://www.fox5krbk.com/improvements-to-occupational-therapy-education/

What affiliation do you have with Cox College?

What affiliation do you have with Cox College?
I never stated any affiliation, I am just well informed. It just baffles me how someone who transferred could claim to know that the students do not get prepared for the NBCOT exam when the first cohort is still in their first year. If you want information you should seek one of the currently enrolled students or one of the professors. I respectfully call BS on that user.:)

Hi! I have an interview with Cox College on March 24. Anybody else have an interview with them? And can anyone shed light on the interview process?

Hi! I have an interview with Cox College on March 24. Anybody else have an interview with them? And can anyone shed light on the interview process?
I have an interview with them tomorrow(technically today- it's 12:13 a.m). I'll let you know how it goes!

How was your interview? (Not sure why it's making my font so small)
I actually think it went very well.
They told me they got about 300 applications, of which about 100 were OTCAS verified. They're interviewing 60 people and accepting 25.
They had a little extra time at the end, so I got to tour the building. They have every single OT class in the same classroom. Which means I won't get lost, but also means I may get jittery due to lack of scenery change. They have a 'fake' hospital where they have dummies in the beds and you have to walk in and act like you're treating a patient.
I was interviewed by two women. Both were very nice.

Tuition is around 35K..for the whole program. This actually worries me. Is it low because the program isn't accredited?
School is in a bad area, but drive a little further into Springfield and you'll hit nicer areas.

Some questions they asked: Name your weaknesses and strengths, define OT, and describe a challenging situation that you handled.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted yesterday to the program!! Anybody else get accepted?

What they told me is they were going to start accepting students soon after my interview. They said to not worry though if you hadn't heard from them though because they knew some students were going to choose different schools over theirs. And they took everyone from the waitlist last year. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Hello,
I have a quick question for everyone. I had an interview with Cox College on March 17. They told me I would be on the waiting list. I still have not heard anything from them. I was wondering if anyone else is in this situation. It has been over a month since my interview does this mean I didn't get in?

Hello,
I have a quick question for everyone. I had an interview with Cox College on March 17. They told me I would be on the waiting list. I still have not heard anything from them. I was wondering if anyone else is in this situation. It has been over a month since my interview does this mean I didn't get in?

I also had the interview via skype on March 17th. I just recieved the letter in the mail that i am on the waitlist today. It says that last year everyone on the waitlist got accepted, so lets pray that we have a shot to attend!

I just received a letter today from Cox College. I'm also on the waitlist. Hopefully we can all get in!

Just a quick update. I just got the call im off the waitlist! I hope everyone gets a chance.

This is not true... I'm in the first cohort and we started Fall 2015 with 22 students and still have 22 students. The professors are incredible including our director who started the Seton Hall OT program 17 years ago. Not only in the OT program but with all the programs the professors are top notch.

Cox does not have a good OT program. They were denied pre accreditation status. The 3rd class entered and they already have a new chair to the department. She has only taught for 2 years. You won't get a quality education and probably wouldn't pass the board exam.

Anyone else?
Thoughts?
They were denied pre accreditation status. It's not a good school. They have gone through so many inexperienced professors. The second chair has only taught for 2 years. You probably wouldn't pass the exam.