CPJE experience and scores for July 2012 test-takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FarmDee09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my CPJE on 7/13 and am waiting for results. I have heard that some people who took it on 7/10 got scores on 7/13...so it looks like scores are being released.

With my experience, the CPJE was extremely difficult in which I had to make educated guesses on about half of the questions. Most of it you either know it or you don't through rotations or working. They test on every topic possible, from anti-obesity drugs to gout, to heart failure to herbals, and of course HIV, oncology, and anticoags. Maybe 10 questions on law max. BUT, the calculations are a lot more simple than NAPLEX, you don't need to study calculations since it is very straight forward and has to do with dose conversions (how much to give if you have this strength in stock).

Please post here about your CPJE experience, when you took it and when you received your scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Took the CPJE on 7/7, got my results on 7/16.

I went to school out-of-state so I'm glad the exam didn't have very many law questions on it. In terms of difficulty, I thought it was less random than the NAPLEX and yeah, the calculations were way easier. For the topics covered, it was similar to the NAPLEX but there were more dosage questions involved. I think I could've done better if I hadn't forgotten some of the stuff I'd reviewed for the NAPLEX but I passed anyway.

Last note: It's 90 questions total, 75 of which are graded. You need a score of 75 to pass (whatever that means) and results take about 10 or so days to come in, unless they're doing a QA thingie again. Topics covered were HIV, herbals/OTC, diabetes, basically similar stuff as NAPLEX but not quite as detailed

I took mine on 6/13 and learned that I passed on 7/16. I felt the CPJE is not as random as the NAPLEX. Working definitely helped me especially with the situational questions.

For CA law I used:
(1) Weissman's (primarily source): http://www.rxprep.com/m-1-rxprep.aspx
(2) Last few publications of "The Scripts": http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/publications

Clinical pharmacy:
(1) pharmacy charts (primarily source): http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Editio...k_Education&hash=item3a6d253c7d#ht_2179wt_966
(2) rxprep (see above for link)
(3) apha (you can find a good deal on ebay and amazon)

Took mine on 7/11 and I thought it was more clinical-oriented than NAPLEX. I definitely find it easier but then again I'm still waiting for my result.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took mine yesterday..Didnt think it was too hard but there were some dosing questions which i had trouble with...i m too anxious to get my result..i hope i passed! how long does it usually take to hear back?

To RavingRabbid and HIC: When you got your result letter, did you also receive the form to fill out to pay the fee along with your result?

To RavingRabbid and HIC: When you got your result letter, did you also receive the form to fill out to pay the fee along with your result?

Yeah, there were two green sheets attached, one of which I had to fill out and send in to get my license.

Anyone hear back yet? Seems like test takers on 7/11 and after are having to wait a lot longer than those who took it before 7/11 this year.

Has anyone that took their NAPLEX on 7/16 or after received their score in California? I am still waiting for mine!

Capharmd2012 how did you find out the result? Did the board mail out the CPJE result already? I took mine on 7/11 and I'm still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got my NAPLEX score today! And thank God I passed! :D

IcyBlu - I got the letter in the mail from the board yesterday saying I passed, with the 2 green sheets of paper attached to get my actual license. Hope you hear soon, this wait is brutal :(

took the naplex 7/17 and cpje 7/24 and got both results passing results today !!! =)

hi, have anyone who have taken the cpje after 7/26 heard anything from the board yet? been waiting for 3 wks and still no response.

hi, have anyone who have taken the cpje after 7/26 heard anything from the board yet? been waiting for 3 wks and still no response.

for those who took it before the QA who haven't received your results yet...check your mail!!! i just received my letter today...took it on 7/30! good luck :)))

Yea I took mine on 7/14 and had results by 8/1. Got an 84, but after the exam I thought I failed. It was hard, but I must have done something right if I got an 84. I know a classmate who got 90, which is superb. He said he had to do "educated guesses" on half the questions.
It's funny how your priorities change, because now I'm just waiting for the board to post my name and it's taking forever it seems! Maybe the QA is slowing them down.
Good luck everyone!

I'm from out of town and didn't really know about the QA, even though I heard Cali boards take forever. So I took the cpje August 1st and thought I would be okay, silly me. Anywho, I have interviews lined up but it won't happen till that damn license gets here. Ur probably gonna ask where I'm going with this. I just called the board n they said that as of August 30th, 280 people have taken the cpje, so hopefully by the end of September they'll have all 400. For those who haven't taken the exam, please go take it already. A little tip, I only had about 4 law questions, so just focus on the clinical stuff.

I think it's a little more than 300. My license is 67385 and my friend is 300+ above me.

Anyway, I feel bad for my friends who took it after August. They have bills to pay and are stuck at grad intern pay.

I'm from out of town and didn't really know about the QA, even though I heard Cali boards take forever. So I took the cpje August 1st and thought I would be okay, silly me. Anywho, I have interviews lined up but it won't happen till that damn license gets here. Ur probably gonna ask where I'm going with this. I just called the board n they said that as of August 30th, 280 people have taken the cpje, so hopefully by the end of September they'll have all 400. For those who haven't taken the exam, please go take it already. A little tip, I only had about 4 law questions, so just focus on the clinical stuff.

Anyone else get an update on how many people have taken the CPJE since the start of the QA? What's the board number to call? I thought the board usually does not respond to inquiries regarding this.