CPJE question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Motiv8

Pharm.D., RPH
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all:

I have a couple questions regarding california law:

I read weissman but the following questions still are not answered.

Can a California RPH take a CII prescription from another state?

Can a California RPH take a CIII, CIV, or CV from another state?

Also what are the sudafed laws in CA? Is it still 9g/month or not more than 3 packages per transaction?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all:

Also what are the sudafed laws in CA? Is it still 9g/month or not more than 3 packages per transaction?

I believe:

1) For a CII They must be registered with California and must be on a special security form

2) For a CIII-V It is ok for an RPH to take must be on a security blank

3) Sudafed is 3.6grams per day sold or 9 grams total sold for the month. So the user is not allowed to purchase more then 3.6 grams in one single day, and over the course of a month they are not allowed to purchase more then a total of 9 grams.

I may be wrong on #'s 1 and 2 so if someone can chime in that would be great.

Hello all:

For # 1 ..The pharmacist can take Cll from another state ..He/she needs to verify from a pharmacy in that sate about the requirment regarding the use of secutiry pad. BUT as a pharmacist in CA u can;t fill it in california! U can tell the pt that u can fill it and ship it to the address in the other state! That's the law....
for # 2...Yes you can fill CIII, CIV, or CV from another state.

Hope That helps!
soso

At what point during Heparin thearpy should you give protamine?

If patients INR is 150 and normal was 40 should you stop use, stop wait and then restart or administer protamine?

Also what if a patient has a stroke while on warfarin and INR is in normal tx range.. should you stop, or increase dose?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Blackjack..that really helps! I am taking the CPJE in a few weeks so I hope I can be fully prepared. What about you?

Good luck in your CPJE black jack109 please please let me know how was it and what kind of question did you get Iam taking the test in one month. What did you study for CPJE and which material you found helpful in the test , thank you and good luck
I'm taking mine tomorrow.. i'll let you know how it goes!

For # 1 ..The pharmacist can take Cll from another state ..He/she needs to verify from a pharmacy in that sate about the requirment regarding the use of secutiry pad. BUT as a pharmacist in CA u can;t fill it in california! U can tell the pt that u can fill it and ship it to the address in the other state! That's the law....
for # 2...Yes you can fill CIII, CIV, or CV from another state.

Hope That helps!
soso

Hey they asked me both of these on my exam yesterday! Thank you for your response.. I feel I got those two questions (espec the CII one) right because you. Thanks again!

Good luck in your CPJE black jack109 please please let me know how was it and what kind of question did you get Iam taking the test in one month. What did you study for CPJE and which material you found helpful in the test , thank you and good luck

I studied the Weissman and the Rx Board Review book. I don't think there is anyway you can prepare yourself for the randomness of some of the questions they ask on this exam.

Some things to know.. Controlled substance laws, If there is anything different about a drug from its class (ie which ones need renal adjustment), know it. They asked me a couple of hospital IV dispensing questions where a tech prepared an IV bag and you had to verify if they were correct. They were a little confusing. Not too many doses which is good. Had a few repeats out of the study guide they send you so definitely go over that.

I counted 28-30 questions that I wasn't a 100% on or I had to guess.. so not really sure I did. I already failed it once so I'm worred I may be in the same boat again.

Hey they asked me both of these on my exam yesterday! Thank you for your response.. I feel I got those two questions (espec the CII one) right because you. Thanks again!

U r welcome! I hope u passed!!! Iam doing mine next week !! Wish me Good luck!!
soso:)

Hey, does anyone know if there are any math problems on the CPJE? Also, were there any weird old drug names being used on the exam? Like Cylert (Pemoline) and Fortovase (Saquinavir - soft gel capsule) that have been both discontinued? This is why I didn't agree with some of the answers on the practice exam questions.

Also, I HATE the wording of the questions!

Igot only 2 mathqyestion onn CPJE. Createnin clearance calculation and loading dose for warfarin. Also I got something from chart and it was very easy one . not to many math compairing to NAPLEX.
Hey, does anyone know if there are any math problems on the CPJE? Also, were there any weird old drug names being used on the exam? Like Cylert (Pemoline) and Fortovase (Saquinavir - soft gel capsule) that have been both discontinued? This is why I didn't agree with some of the answers on the practice exam questions.

Also, I HATE the wording of the questions!

I took it today and I think they changed it :oops:( the wording in the new exam is so weird. The questions was so short that many critical info. were omitted.
Well, I should get back to study for the retake, I guess :oops:( It was horrible. It's like having a non-English speaker writing the exam in English. :oops:( I wished I could reach inside the screen and choked the person who wrote that damn test.

I only got 1 math question regarding dosing, the dose range base on CrCl and pt Creatinine level was given. Pt was a male and even if you get a female it's still well within the range for the same answer.
Good luck!

Last edited:
please give me some examples of the changed form of the new exam woding and was oll the questions like that or some?
I took it today and I think they changed it :oops:( the wording in the new exam is so weird. The questions was so short that many critical info. were omitted.
Well, I should get back to study for the retake, I guess :oops:( It was horrible. It's like having a non-English speaker writing the exam in English. :oops:( I wished I could reach inside the screen and choked the person who wrote that damn test.

I only got 1 math question regarding dosing, the dose range base on CrCl and pt Creatinine level was given. Pt was a male and even if you get a female it's still well within the range for the same answer.
Good luck!

please give me some examples of the changed form of the new exam woding and was oll the questions like that or some?

I typed up those weird questions that I got to member pharmd0507 please contact him/her and ask for the copy of my PM. Good luck!

Hello all:

Some of the same questions on the board website talk about quality assurance in the hospital settings. I was wondering does anyone know how to study for this section?

Also, for the hospital section is it best just to study diluents, and compatabilities of common drugs?

Thanks!

Does anyone know where can I purchase the Weissman book? I tried every where online, couldn't find it yet! :(

Last edited:
I don't see anyone complaining about the law questions! I guess they are the easy part of the test !!?