CPJE Scores End of September

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone get their score already? If so, please let me know what the front of the envelope has. Does it say CA board of Pharmacy? I heard some CPJE scores were sent out in blank envelopes. I just want to be aware of what letter to look out for.

Hi I just got my result. I passed the exam. Still I can't believe it.............
anyone get their score already? If so, please let me know what the front of the envelope has. Does it say CA board of Pharmacy? I heard some CPJE scores were sent out in blank envelopes. I just want to be aware of what letter to look out for.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrat Mirx. I got mine too. I did not pass. what did u study for it. thanks
also does any one know if I can go head and reapply for it now or I have to wait 3 month for applying???thanks

i am so happy for those who passed! I know the feeling. I passed just a few months ago. I used the weissman law book, apha book, lange, and the guide to clinical pharmacy book.

to those who receive your scores, are you in the sacramento area? im all the way down south, just a few miles north of the mexican border, i wonder if ill get my score tomorrow?

Is weissman law book really helpful? and if any one have it for sale? thanks

congrat Mirx. I got mine too. I did not pass. what did u study for it. thanks
also does any one know if I can go head and reapply for it now or I have to wait 3 month for applying???thanks

Ontheair: I failed too - 71 (content area #2 got me). Below is the link explaining what you should do next (although the reapplication fee is $185 - not $155) AND the link to the retake application:

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/fail_exam_info.pdf

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/rph_retake_app.pdf

I actually filled out the application to retake the exam and sent it via FedEx TODAY along with my check to the BOP (not wasting any time). According to the website, the BOP usually takes 15 days to process it and reevaluate your status/application. At that point, they will notify you if you are ATT (authorized to test) by mail. However, you can't schedule your exam with the testing company until 90 days have transpired from the date you actually sat for the exam.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:
Is weissman law book really helpful? and if any one have it for sale? thanks
I didnt study any law. studied same as for naplex. may be that was my mistake. do u know where can I get weissman book? thanks

thanks sandpiper.............thats sucks that they increased the price

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who passed,congratulations ,you must be soooooooooo happy ,can you please share your experience with cpje if you do not mind???
Thanks

I got mine yesterday and I passed...so happy but however I have to redo my live scan.. for the law book, you can acutally buy it on usc website or usc bookstore (the one that next to the pharmacy school). It is very helpful, I highly recommended. For some reasons, I felt very sad after NAPLEX but not after CPJE probabaly the NAPLEX is so random. For the envelop, it was blank but the letter is green. hope that help. I have trouble looking for job if anyone have idea how to start?? thanks

Just got my green letter in the mail today! Passed with an 84, i felt good about the exam, and then some ******* here on the message boards, was talking about how he felt great after the exam, and failed, **** him, i passed! Advise to those who just took it, do not try to remember the questions, and then loook up the answers it will only make things, worse trust me..............

CONGRATS to all who passed, i just joined this group, any one have advice for me, I take the CPJE on Friday, any of you who want to start a thread " CPJE STUDY GROUP" any takers?????

where are you taking your exam, Are you ready? I am soooo nervous. did you take the practice exam from the board website, it is the same as the paper pamplet they sent is. I thought i heard someone say that some of the questions were the same. study that thing inside and out. I am trying to make sure I understand the concept behind every single one of those questions.

yes I did the test,I do not know if I am ready but I am tired of studying and just want to do it,once I did the test then I read the health notes and realised that a lot of questions come from health notes.
send me a pm ,lets keep in touch.

I just got my exam back yesterday and didnt do so hot. I got a 73. I want to see if I can do a regrade. Should I even waste my time?

if you read the regrade policy, it takes about 2 months to process a regrade, and im pretty sure there is a fee, and i think they have had about 300 regrades that none resulted in a change of score, you are better of taking the exam over. good luck

Ontheair: I failed too - 71 (content area #2 got me). Below is the link explaining what you should do next (although the reapplication fee is $185 - not $155) AND the link to the retake application:

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/fail_exam_info.pdf

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/rph_retake_app.pdf

I actually filled out the application to retake the exam and sent it via FedEx TODAY along with my check to the BOP (not wasting any time). According to the website, the BOP usually takes 15 days to process it and reevaluate your status/application. At that point, they will notify you if you are ATT (authorized to test) by mail. However, you can't schedule your exam with the testing company until 90 days have transpired from the date you actually sat for the exam.

Hope that helps...
sandpiper, how did u do on area #3 b/c i found that more difficult on my exam?

I did the average as far as competency scale went - 12s in section 1 and 3. I blew section 2 though - 9.6

If I had at least done as well in section 2, I'd be licensed I think. I really like learning, reading and discussing CA pharmacy law, so section 3 wasn't too bad. Overall, I just need to study some more...I really underestimated the exam.

That won't happen again...

Thanks for your response... I got 13 and 12 on other 2 sections but what got me was section 3... i think the same way as my score was average to high on other 2 sections it think it's this last section that blew me... how did u prepare for the 3rd section? i really didn't read the law book entirely page by page so i feel i paid the price... but any help would be appreciated on how to study for the law... thanks..

I did the average as far as competency scale went - 12s in section 1 and 3. I blew section 2 though - 9.6

If I had at least done as well in section 2, I'd be licensed I think. I really like learning, reading and discussing CA pharmacy law, so section 3 wasn't too bad. Overall, I just need to study some more...I really underestimated the exam.

That won't happen again...

yes I did the test,I do not know if I am ready but I am tired of studying and just want to do it,once I did the test then I read the health notes and realised that a lot of questions come from health notes.
send me a pm ,lets keep in touch.

Hi, I am having my CPJE within a few days, can u tell me what are the health notes you mentioned? And is the Math part difficult?

Has anyone NOT received their CPJE results yet?

I took the exam 09/09/09 in Southern California and haven't heard yet.

Thanks for your response... I got 13 and 12 on other 2 sections but what got me was section 3... i think the same way as my score was average to high on other 2 sections it think it's this last section that blew me... how did u prepare for the 3rd section? i really didn't read the law book entirely page by page so i feel i paid the price... but any help would be appreciated on how to study for the law... thanks..

The law part is best understood through work experience, but some random stuff is best studied using the Weismann Law book. In reality, the law questions should be the gimmes...not too much room for interpretation, like some clinical scenarios. But, as I've learned, on any given day, the CPJE you take can be quite different than the first one you took. Good luck on your next (and hopefully last) sitting :) By the way, I'm scheduling my retake for mid-November...hopefully it will be a merry Christmas!

The law part is best understood through work experience, but some random stuff is best studied using the Weismann Law book. In reality, the law questions should be the gimmes...not too much room for interpretation, like some clinical scenarios. But, as I've learned, on any given day, the CPJE you take can be quite different than the first one you took. Good luck on your next (and hopefully last) sitting :) By the way, I'm scheduling my retake for mid-November...hopefully it will be a merry Christmas!

me too... I am taking in mid-november... i started reading the law and it's ok not too bad although i do have some questions which i asked the pharmacists but even they don't have answer... is it possible i ask you those questions? can you help me clarify few doubts i have in regards to law? certain clinical scenarios were something i never encountered at work so I had hard time visualizing it but if i can discuss w/ someone i am pretty sure i will get it... thanks!

me too... I am taking in mid-november... i started reading the law and it's ok not too bad although i do have some questions which i asked the pharmacists but even they don't have answer... is it possible i ask you those questions? can you help me clarify few doubts i have in regards to law? certain clinical scenarios were something i never encountered at work so I had hard time visualizing it but if i can discuss w/ someone i am pretty sure i will get it... thanks!

A pharm law discussion works for me :) Post a question(s) and we'll work it out together...I'll usually reference the page or pages from Weissman that help answer the question.

Found out I passed the CPJE last week...the law questions were plentiful and tougher than my first exam. The exam overall was tougher...that's probably why I passed. Going forward, I bet the CA BOP is planning to make it harder and harder to get licensed in this state...so glad I have my license. Good luck to all those yet to take it. Happy Holidays!!

CA BOP is planning to make it harder and harder to get licensed in this state...so glad I have my license.

That's what I have also heard. It is getting harder and harder to pass. My pharmacist told me that 6 years ago, the passing rate was only 50%.

That's what I have also heard. It is getting harder and harder to pass. My pharmacist told me that 6 years ago, the passing rate was only 50%.

does anyone know if this is true? anybody with the latest stats?