feist80

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 6, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Anybody have any info as to what the CPJE is like? Best books to prepare with?

Thanks

Phrm Girl 24

Accepted!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2007
Los Angeles
Status
Pharmacist
I used RxPrep and the Weissman book for law and that was all that I needed. Focus on dosing, major SE and drug interactions as well as storage. Also know your IV compatibilities!! Good luck its not as bad as the NAPLEX thats for sure!

feist80

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 6, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Hey, thanks for the info.

Okay, so what I've heard is the CPJE barely has any law in it and there are many more therapeutic like questions. I got my license in TX already and am looking into getting a California license, as well.

As you may know, the MPJE for TX is all law and seems to be completely different than the CPJE. I used RxPrep to prepare for the Naplex, but would you say review the entire book again focusing on the areas you suggested? Also, what is the name for the Weissman book?

Thanks for your help.

About the Ads
Aug 1, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I took CPJE a week after NAPLEX; perhaps the clinical knowledge is still fresh. However, I went over the entire RXPrep again the day before CPJE; of course not in detail d/t to time limitation. I focused on major dz states like heart, asthma, etc. I skipped oncology and HIV totally. I focused on pt counseling, monitoring, brand/generic/indication, dosage range, frequency.

Weissman's book: A Guide to California Comunity Pharmacy Law

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the info.

Okay, so what I've heard is the CPJE barely has any law in it and there are many more therapeutic like questions. I got my license in TX already and am looking into getting a California license, as well.

As you may know, the MPJE for TX is all law and seems to be completely different than the CPJE. I used RxPrep to prepare for the Naplex, but would you say review the entire book again focusing on the areas you suggested? Also, what is the name for the Weissman book?

Thanks for your help.

Phrm Girl 24

Accepted!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2007
Los Angeles
Status
Pharmacist
I went over the RxPrep again before CPJE since the majority of the test is clinical. I had maybe 10 law questions.

AnnaP

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
I went over the RxPrep again before CPJE since the majority of the test is clinical. I had maybe 10 law questions.

My experience was similar to yours. And personally, I felt the CPJE was easier than the NAPLEX, contrary to what I've been hearing from people.
I had about 10-15 law questions. About half of them were scenario-based and the others were all very straight forward questions.
The remaining portion of the exam was clinical. I had a couple of calculations and most of the questions did not involve long pt profiles. Focus on studying brand/generic names, dosing, indications, drug interactions and pt counseling.
RxPrep and Weissman should be enough to prepare you for the CPJE ;)

Aug 12, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Hi everyone, if you took the exam the first week of august and you receive your results, please post here. I am eagerly waiting for the results as well :D

thanks

About the Ads