1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Cpje

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by feist80, Aug 6, 2011.

1. feist80

feist80 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Anybody have any info as to what the CPJE is like? Best books to prepare with?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Phrm Girl 24

Phrm Girl 24 Accepted!
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I used RxPrep and the Weissman book for law and that was all that I needed. Focus on dosing, major SE and drug interactions as well as storage. Also know your IV compatibilities!! Good luck its not as bad as the NAPLEX thats for sure!

4. feist80

feist80 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Hey, thanks for the info.

Okay, so what I've heard is the CPJE barely has any law in it and there are many more therapeutic like questions. I got my license in TX already and am looking into getting a California license, as well.

As you may know, the MPJE for TX is all law and seems to be completely different than the CPJE. I used RxPrep to prepare for the Naplex, but would you say review the entire book again focusing on the areas you suggested? Also, what is the name for the Weissman book?

Thanks for your help.

5. dieptieuly

Pharmacist
    I took CPJE a week after NAPLEX; perhaps the clinical knowledge is still fresh. However, I went over the entire RXPrep again the day before CPJE; of course not in detail d/t to time limitation. I focused on major dz states like heart, asthma, etc. I skipped oncology and HIV totally. I focused on pt counseling, monitoring, brand/generic/indication, dosage range, frequency.

Weissman's book: A Guide to California Comunity Pharmacy Law

Good luck!

6. Phrm Girl 24

Phrm Girl 24 Accepted!
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I went over the RxPrep again before CPJE since the majority of the test is clinical. I had maybe 10 law questions.

7. AnnaP

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

My experience was similar to yours. And personally, I felt the CPJE was easier than the NAPLEX, contrary to what I've been hearing from people.
    I had about 10-15 law questions. About half of them were scenario-based and the others were all very straight forward questions.
    The remaining portion of the exam was clinical. I had a couple of calculations and most of the questions did not involve long pt profiles. Focus on studying brand/generic names, dosing, indications, drug interactions and pt counseling.
    RxPrep and Weissman should be enough to prepare you for the CPJE ;)

8. feist80

feist80 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Okay, thanks!

9. Pillz

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Hi everyone, if you took the exam the first week of august and you receive your results, please post here. I am eagerly waiting for the results as well :D

thanks