CPLEE Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych1420

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some advice from others on the forum that have taken and passed the CPLEE. I took the CPLEE earlier this year after studying with hand me down 2018 PsychPrep materials, and unfortunately did not pass (by a very close margin). One aspect of the CPLEE I find quite challenging is that there doesn't seem to be that many practice tests available, like there were for the EPPP. For example, I took about 10 full length practice tests before taking the EPPP, but only had 2 from PsychPrep.

This time around, I am wondering how I can better prepare myself for the exam, given that I already have taken the two PsychPrep hand me down exams (CPLEE Legal & Ethical Test 1/2). Did anyone use AATBS or another company to study for the CPLEE? How were their sample questions....and was it worth it to pay for access to their online test banks? I find the sample questions most helpful for studying, but am at a bit of a loss about how to study now that there doesn't seem to be that many other sample tests available? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping to get some advice from others on the forum that have taken and passed the CPLEE. I took the CPLEE earlier this year after studying with hand me down 2018 PsychPrep materials, and unfortunately did not pass (by a very close margin). One aspect of the CPLEE I find quite challenging is that there doesn't seem to be that many practice tests available, like there were for the EPPP. For example, I took about 10 full length practice tests before taking the EPPP, but only had 2 from PsychPrep.

This time around, I am wondering how I can better prepare myself for the exam, given that I already have taken the two PsychPrep hand me down exams (CPLEE Legal & Ethical Test 1/2). Did anyone use AATBS or another company to study for the CPLEE? How were their sample questions....and was it worth it to pay for access to their online test banks? I find the sample questions most helpful for studying, but am at a bit of a loss about how to study now that there doesn't seem to be that many other sample tests available? Thanks!
Study psychprep. Take exams over and over. Repeat. Between the study guide, workshop, and tests, that should be enough. It's a weird test. If you were close it's probably just bad luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had psychprep hand me down written materials and the accompanying audio, I think, but no practice exams.

CA BOP publishes the pass rate of each given version ( I think they switch quarterly?), and some versions seem to have lower pass rates. I’m sure many factors are involved, but I found this test to be trickier than expected—in fact, I wasn’t sure that I’d passed and felt more uncertain than with the EPPP.

Unfortunately, you won’t find many hand me down materials or freebies with this exam given the state-specific content. But if you can, reflect back on the types of questions that you found hardest (was it about EAP, or which ethical rule trumps which, etc.?) and really get to know those and the direct law. I found that some questions weren’t covered in my psychprep materials because they contained scenarios not even discussed that were more complex than the straightforward practice material content. Really make sure you know which principle trumps which in any situation.

If you were close, I’m wondering if you would pass a different version of the exam anyway—something to consider.

Hello every one,

I have a quick question. so I have passed my EPPP in CA and have submitted my request form for CPLEE and my post doc hours to the board. I can see that the check has been processed,.. I am not sure how long will it take for the board to send the approval for CPLEE, can anyone help me with the time line and their experience recently

Hi there,

I have a question for you... I have passed my EPPP and have sent out my request form and check and hours. My check was processed 2 weeks ago but I have not heard back from the board..... do you know what is normally a time line for them to send the approval? Thanks

I think I reached out via email a few weeks after the check was cashed to the BOP case person/rep assigned to me during the licensure process and got a quick response and approval for the CPLEE shortly thereafter.

I think I reached out via email a few weeks after the check was cashed to the BOP case person/rep assigned to me during the licensure process and got a quick response and approval for the CPLEE shortly thereafter.
Thank you, I appreciate your quick response. Do you think I should wait for another week, today marks the "2 week' time. It is interesting that I can make organizational level decisions with no problem on a daily basis but I feel so inadequate to make this decision ( calling or waiting)... I feel so inadequate ... m):

Thank you, I appreciate your quick response. Do you think I should wait for another week, today marks the "2 week' time. It is interesting that I can make organizational level decisions with no problem on a daily basis but I feel so inadequate to make this decision ( calling or waiting)... I feel so inadequate ... m):

It doesn’t hurt to check now! Worst case scenario is they say you’ll have to wait a bit longer.

Reactions: 1 user