CPLEE Hell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beaba61987

Reaction score
I took the CPLEE today after studying for a few months with Psychprep and I did not pass. I scored a 55. At this point I’m just in the market for useful advice and input about what to do next. I’m wondering if I should stick with Psychprep or switch to AATBS? Or does it not matter since there will be a new form of the test on January 1st anyway. I passed the EPPP on my first time round and my study strategies were similar for CPLEE. So I’m genuinely confused about how this went down. Any helpful advice about preparing to take it again would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Read through this thread first.

Can you purchase temporary access to just AATBS exams and study your psychprep materials? If you check the BOP’s published CPLEE pass rates, pass rates vary widely between versions of the exam.

As I always say, never make assumptions when given a vignette and make sure you know which ethical principle trumps which In a multifaceted/complex situation (this surprised me after studying very straightforward materials that didn’t really discuss what happens if you have 2-3 ethical issues in one situation, etc.).

If you were close to passing (sounds like you were) and studied a lot of hours, you might consider how anxiety may be affecting your focus during testing. I recall being caught off guard by how hard the CPLEE questions were compared to the EPPP ethics questions, so for some folks, that might be enough to tip the scales a bit into too much second-guessing.

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)