This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RJLIL

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came across a question that asks me which of the following enzymes are produced in the Salivary Glands. From Cliff and feralis notes, i know it is Amylase but the answer was: Amylase, Lysozyme and Lipase.
I thought that Lipase is produced by the pancreas and used in the small intestine.

Could someone clarify this please.
 
I came across a question that asks me which of the following enzymes are produced in the Salivary Glands. From Cliff and feralis notes, i know it is Amylase but the answer was: Amylase, Lysozyme and Lipase.
I thought that Lipase is produced by the pancreas and used in the small intestine.

Could someone clarify this please.
I think this question refers to chemical digestion in the mouth. Salyva contains Amylase to breakdown carbs and lipase to breakdown lipids. It also contains lysozymes to kill foreign pathogens.
 
@learn4gain attached is the questions i received.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 13.19.04.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 13.19.04.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 141