Crack DAT Reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qkchen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering how useful the Crack DAT Reading was going to be. i wasn't sure if any of you guys have used this. it's about $69 so i have thought about getting this but was wondering if it was worth the price.

some of you guys in your previous posts have suggested reading scientific articles and newspapers to practice as well. so if Crack DAT Reading is not what it's made out to be then i'm gonna stick with other practice methods.

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten Crack the DAT PAT, Math, and Science and I'm going to buy reading as soon as I update to Windows 7. From what I've read on the boards it has a lot more inference questions than straight up S&D type questions. The real DAT has a combination of the two - the Piano passage being mostly inference, while other passages are more straightforward.

So it depends on what you want to improve - your ability to get the big idea from a passage or your ability to find specific details.

passages are short in length... 95%+ are tone & inference questions makes me wonder if they just made it for mcat but using the same for dats. but if you have no other practice why not spend $69 bucks... for extra practice just buy it

thanks for all the feedback, guys. i think tone and inference type questions are the ones that might be tougher so some extra practice won't hurt. appreciate it