Cracking the MCAT CBT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redcap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was thinking of buying the "Cracking the MCAT CBT" by Princeton Review. Are the full lengths from that indicative of the real MCAT?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No, the full-lengths that come with that book are much more difficult than the real exam. The passages were longer and harder than any of the AAMCs. I took 3 of them and never finished on time and never broke a 30, whereas my scores on the AAMCs averaged a 35. Don't bother with the Cracking the MCAT exams, they'll only serve to discourage you.

However, the book is pretty good at covering many of the topics on the exam, so if anything, get the book for a study aid, but I would not recommend buying it for the 4 full-length exams that it comes with.

Totally agree with the post above.

The book is decent, but the FLs if you take them, pretend that they are learning aids. By that I mean, completely ignore your score, but learn from your mistakes and solidify weaknesses. It's nothing like AAMCs so don't sweat over ur TPR scores..

How are the verbal sections from the full lengths from "Cracking the MCAT CBT"? Are the also bad indicators of the real test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe these exams are extra hard compared to regular TPR diagnostics- but the real deal seemed like a TPR diagnostic to me

Maybe these exams are extra hard compared to regular TPR diagnostics- but the real deal seemed like a TPR diagnostic to me

are you talking about the Princeton Review MCAT course or the Princeton Review "Cracking the MCAT CBT" book?....

How is the verbal from the Full Lengths of "Cracking the MCAT CBT" ?

I liked the book, but I didn't get around to trying any of the actual full-lengths. I couldn't figure out how to access them til I looked at the very end of the book, and by that time it was almost MCAT time and I was taking AAMCs. I recommend the book for its content (though it's not as good at explicitly saying what to know, like EK is), but it's looking like other people say don't bother with the FLs. I got mine on amazon for $30ish, but I don't know what its recommended price is. I think it's worth the $30.

Can anyone tell me if this book is a good study aid? How would you compare to the kaplan one?

BUMP...if you BUY THIS BOOK from AMAZON, are you bound to get access to those 4 free CBT exams?

Thanks.

i didn't have to buy the book or the cbt exams.....i found the book at my local library and the book had the code for the cbt exams.

that worked for me....hope that helps

You guys are right, i'm scoring very low scores on the FLs from this book....i was in the middle of taking the third exam and i stopped, i'm taking the exam in august so i decided i'm going to just start taking aamc tests from now on....no diagnostics here on out. It is sooo discouraging, espeically after months of content review

Old bump, but just wanted to say anyone taking the the cracking CBT = keep on taking them. They are very difficult and the amount of work is very hard to get in the allotted time, however it really hits your weakness. I was trying to gauge the difficulty of the third CBT cracking TPR exam and noticed this thread...seems about right lol.