Cramming for BCPS...in 10 days...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UGAZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I haven't studied as much as I anticipated but with my boss approval, I was able to take off a week from work for just studying. So for those who took the BCPS in the past, if you have only 10 days to study...What subjects you would focus on? Please advise...Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so I haven't studied as much as I anticipated but with my boss approval, I was able to take off a week from work for just studying. So for those who took the BCPS in the past, if you have only 10 days to study...What subjects you would focus on? Please advise...Thanks
#1: stats
#2: antibiotic guidelines
#3: National Hospital Quality Measures

Reactions: 1 users
I derived a lot of the answers from clinical practice, so I would review regulatory and stats. Third would be areas I don't see a lot (HIV, women's health, etc...) but that would depend on your practice sight.

I probably did 90% of my studying in the 10 days before exam, so you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

You found a job in California after all this time. Good for you!

The dude that's been ****ting on the field of Pharmacy now wants help from his fellow Pharmacists...the irony.

What did you use to review the National Hospital Quality Measures?
I took a review course before ASHP midyear. Just do some googling and look for the kinds of things they measure, then extrapolate based on common sense.

My exam will be next week... OMG.... So little time.... And I have to work too... Anyone cramming?

My exam will be next week... OMG.... So little time.... And I have to work too... Anyone cramming?

I have been planning on cramming but have been pretty sick so haven't done much studying lately. I have to work, too. With so little time, I think I'm going to focus in on stats and regulatory as suggested above...maybe some infectious disease stuff. Most of it, I feel like if I don't already know it from practice, oh well. Hard to say what kinds of clinical questions will be on there.

I took mine a long time ago. Stats are important!

You'll have to let us know how it goes. This might be a test that is a lot harder to cram for....but probably depends on your experience. Good luck!