crappiest secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i just think that rush medical college has the crappiest secondary questions.
oh well!

Members don't see this ad.

ugh! I know what you mean. I don't like Rush's secondary either. The questions are pretty detailed (stuff they would ask you in an interview) but they only allow you so little room to elaborate. That sucks! Plus, there are 13 of them!!
Thud.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt's was annoying in that it asked two really good questions and then only gave you 250 words to reply to each. I found that very difficult.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
ugh! I know what you mean. I don't like Rush's secondary either. The questions are pretty detailed (stuff they would ask you in an interview) but they only allow you so little room to elaborate. That sucks! Plus, there are 13 of them!!
Thud.gif

Does anybody read the med school info pamphlets anymore? It states explicitly in Rush's info packet that those 13 or so questions are used to screen applicants for interviews. They're conducting impersonal interviews with those ?'s. If they like your responses, then they will want to meet you.

I agree with everyone that their appl. does not provide enough room, but with 13 ?'s it's the only way to avoid having to process ~10 pages per application

DUKE -- way too long

i think that i just did the crappiest job on the rush secondary, but whatever.

USC's is pretty annoying. But their status-check site is pretty spiffy!

Maryland's is really bad too! Thank goodness that's over, way too many essays to write! :p

Jade~

maryland has been my most time-comsuming one so far. so many essays!! the ecu one sucked b/c the essay was really open-ended and had to be handwritten. but overall, i've been pretty lucky so far and they haven't been too terrible.

University of Nevada-Reno's secondary is 14 pages long.

Originally posted by WISC-ite
DUKE -- way too long

I second this. Seems like the Duke admissions people enjoy torturing their poor applicants. I got the secondary but never sent it in. I can't really understand why they would bother asking applicants this many questions. To select the best? But HMS, Hopkins, UCSF, Stanford,... all have reasonably short secondaries and still select excellent students...