SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

crappiest secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bruinkid, Sep 2, 2002.

1. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member 10+ Year Member

May 31, 2002
    Los Angeles, California
    hey guys,
    i just think that rush medical college has the crappiest secondary questions.
    oh well!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Hey, give some examples!

4. Tweetie_bird

Tweetie_bird 7+ Year Member

Nov 20, 2001
    ugh! I know what you mean. I don't like Rush's secondary either. The questions are pretty detailed (stuff they would ask you in an interview) but they only allow you so little room to elaborate. That sucks! Plus, there are 13 of them!! [​IMG]

5. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench 7+ Year Member

Jun 9, 2002
    BFE
    Pitt's was annoying in that it asked two really good questions and then only gave you 250 words to reply to each. I found that very difficult.

6. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 29, 2002

Does anybody read the med school info pamphlets anymore? It states explicitly in Rush's info packet that those 13 or so questions are used to screen applicants for interviews. They're conducting impersonal interviews with those ?'s. If they like your responses, then they will want to meet you.

I agree with everyone that their appl. does not provide enough room, but with 13 ?'s it's the only way to avoid having to process ~10 pages per application

7. WISC-ite

WISC-ite Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 26, 2001
    Left Coast
    DUKE -- way too long

8. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member 10+ Year Member

May 31, 2002
    Los Angeles, California
    i think that i just did the crappiest job on the rush secondary, but whatever.

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    USC's is pretty annoying. But their status-check site is pretty spiffy!

10. Jadeite

Jadeite Thought Puddle 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2002
    DC
    Maryland's is really bad too! Thank goodness that's over, way too many essays to write! :p

Jade~

11. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door Physician 10+ Year Member

maryland has been my most time-comsuming one so far. so many essays!! the ecu one sucked b/c the essay was really open-ended and had to be handwritten. but overall, i've been pretty lucky so far and they haven't been too terrible.

12. San_Juan_Sun

San_Juan_Sun Professor of Life 7+ Year Member

Aug 9, 2002
    University of Nevada-Reno's secondary is 14 pages long.

13. S.c. Cdc28p

S.c. Cdc28p Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I second this. Seems like the Duke admissions people enjoy torturing their poor applicants. I got the secondary but never sent it in. I can't really understand why they would bother asking applicants this many questions. To select the best? But HMS, Hopkins, UCSF, Stanford,... all have reasonably short secondaries and still select excellent students...