Crash Cart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paindoc66

paindoc66
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my background is physiatry and recently completed an accredited interventional anesthesia fellowship. Just joined a physiatry practice as an independent pain practitioner with a flouro suite in an outpatient office. I need to build a crash cart and was looking for advice on what to stock with, dosages, information on purchasing possibly an "all in one" solution. "Fortunate or not," I didn't need to tap into the crash cart during my fellowship and have very little experience. Some prefabricated crash cart kits come with 25 meds. I am looking to have an ambu bag, oxygen, epi, atropine, esmolol and robinal. Please help with suggestions and proper dosage amounts for possible situations that are commonly used. Any pain specific literature references will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Banyan kits have a lot of the necessities in a very compact case. Just make sure the right side is facing up when you open it or it all falls out.

http://www.statkit.com

paindoc66 said:
Hello, my background is physiatry and recently completed an accredited interventional anesthesia fellowship. Just joined a physiatry practice as an independent pain practitioner with a flouro suite in an outpatient office. I need to build a crash cart and was looking for advice on what to stock with, dosages, information on purchasing possibly an "all in one" solution. "Fortunate or not," I didn't need to tap into the crash cart during my fellowship and have very little experience. Some prefabricated crash cart kits come with 25 meds. I am looking to have an ambu bag, oxygen, epi, atropine, esmolol and robinal. Please help with suggestions and proper dosage amounts for possible situations that are commonly used. Any pain specific literature references will be much appreciated. Thanks.

vasopressin if you think someone has a CA, need to fill tank w/ IV and vasocontrict to get adequate coronary flow and resuscitation. good article in ASA closed cases on epi/vasopression and delays to intiation/failed resuiscitation. always check intubation equip/lights. some places keep the whole deal sealed in shrink wrap so no one can pilfer this or that.... cuz then you are screwed when you need it. you might consider of course an IV w/ every patient, running TKO to make sure it doesn't blow. I even pre-hydrate litte dehydrated ladies waiting till 4 pm for procedure. Some sites keep a guerney read in the room for a quick flip.

Banyan kits have a lot of the necessities in a very compact case. Just make sure the right side is facing up when you open it or it all falls out.

http://www.statkit.com

I'm considering buying one of these. Anybody else endorse the product? Gorback, are you still happy with it?

Thanks!