CRDTS penalty deductions

Started by MissLiss
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MissLiss

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many points are deducted for penalties assessed during the restorative exam for denied mod requests? They aren't specifically posted in the manual or online. The only thing posted specifically is the penalty if the patient is rejected
 
I just took the exam. The first denied mod is 2pts but if you get denied on the same mod again its like 12pts or something high. They do this because in the past people would do a mod and send it back again to get denied so they know they took all caries out ect. Good luck CRDTS has had a high failure rate lately and the examiners are not that nice. Out of the 21 people that took it with me 9 failed for stupid stuff. These test are a joke, just try and relax and take your time.
 
I'm not saying that the other poster is necessarily wrong, but I just took CRDTS as well and that is definitely NOT how my modification request denials were handled.

When the other poster says denied on the same mod, I'm not sure if they mean same mod as in asking to remove decalcification on the same tooth in the same location more than once, or the same mod as in requesting any removal of decalcification regardless of tooth or location.

I was denied two mod requests to remove decalcification. One on the class 2 and the other on the class 3. I had a two point penalty deduction off of the overall restorative section score, so I would guess that each denial resulted in a 1 point penalty.

My experience with the exam was also very different. The CFEs were awesome and very friendly and helpful. They tried to keep us as calm as possible and everything went smoothly. I think there were around 40 of us that took it and we had a 100% pass rate.

If you haven't already tested, just try to stay calm during the test. If your school is saying you're qualified to take the test then you obviously know what you are doing and are more than capable of passing. You just have to beat the mental game and manage your stress. Good luck!