Creating a school list with an upward trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwantiko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should wait until you receive your MCAT to figure out a school list

I was in a somewhat similar situation as you were (3.82 cGPA/3.78 sGPA). Last 107 credits were 4.0.

My first 3 semesters included 2 C’s and something like 6-7 B/B+’s.

I scored well on the MCAT and I don’t think my early GPA has held me back that much.

So basically, a strong MCAT will probably make schools not focus too much on your slow start, while a weaker MCAT may put more doubts in their mind

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I've been trying to figure out how to make a school list with an upward trend.

Im non trad, 33, and my coursework for about 10 years ago has some C's in science classes.

Overall:

cGPA 3.75 sGPA 3.60

However my last 119 semester units taken are 4.0 (66 of which are BCPM).

Haven't taken MCAT yet so that will certainly have an influence.

My question is, should I be making a list based on my cumulative gpa's, my recent performance, or some hybrid of the two?

Thanks!
View attachment 346661
Without an MCAT score, making a school list is foolish.

Current applicant with a significant upward trend but still a bit lower than you (3.5 for both cGPA and sGPA). You can use MSAR to find the 10th percentile cGPA and sGPA for accepted applicants at the schools you are interested in. I have not received an interview invite for any school where I am below the 10th percentile for either GPA. Try your best to rock the MCAT!